Chapter 47: Harry Potter Ends Up In Trouble... Again

Start from the beginning

"Rubi! Harry!" Hermione said warningly.

"Go on, Potter," Malfoy said quietly, drawing out his own wand. "Moody's not here to look after you now- do it, if you've got the guts- "

For a split second, they looked into each other's eyes, then, at exactly the same time, both acted. "Furnunculus!" Harry yelled.

"Densaugeo!" screamed Malfoy. Jets of light shot from both wands, hit each other in midair, and ricocheted off at angles- Harry's hit Goyle in the face, and Malfoy's hit Hermione. Goyle bellowed and put his hands to his nose, where great ugly boils were springing up- Hermione, whimpering in panic, was clutching her mouth.

"Impedimenta!" Rubi shouted, which hit Malfoy directly, making him slow down temporarily.

"Hermione!" Ron had hurried forward to see what was wrong with her; Harry and Rubi turned and saw Ron dragging Hermione's hand away from her face.

It wasn't a pretty sight. Hermione's front teeth- already larger than average- were now growing at an alarming rate; she was looking more and more like a beaver as her teeth elongated, past her bottom lip, toward her chin- panic-stricken, she felt them and let out a terrified cry.

"And what is all this noise about?" said a soft, deadly voice. Snape had arrived. The Slytherins clamored to give their explanations; Snape pointed a long yellow finger at Malfoy and said, "Explain."

"Potter and Black attacked me, sir-"

"We attacked each other at the same time!" Harry shouted.

"He provoked us!" Rubi added on.

"-and he hit Goyle- look-" Snape examined Goyle, whose face now resembled something that would have been at home in a book on poisonous fungi.

"Hospital wing, Goyle," Snape said calmly.

"Malfoy got Hermione!" Ron said. "Look!"

He forced Hermione to show Snape her teeth- she was doing her best to hide them with her hands, though this was difficult as they had now grown down past her collar. Pansy Parkinson and the other Slytherin girls were doubled up with silent giggles, pointing at Hermione from behind Snape's back.

Snape looked coldly at Hermione, then said, "I see no difference."

Hermione let out a whimper; her eyes filled with tears, she turned on her heel and ran, ran all the way up the corridor and out of sight. It was lucky, perhaps, that Harry, Ron and Rubi started shouting at Snape at the same time; lucky their voices echoed so much in the stone corridor, for in the confused din, it was impossible for him to hear exactly what they were calling him. He got the gist, however.

"Let's see," he said, in his silkiest voice. "Seventy points from Gryffindor and a detention each for Potter, Weasley and Black. Now get inside, or-"

"You slimy git! How can you be so mean? How can you turn a blind eye when both sides have given their story?" Rubi was furious. "YOU'RE PATHETIC! YOU ARE TAKING REVENGE FOR THE STUFF YOU WENT THROUGH AT SCHOOL! OH HOW I WANT TO-"

"QUIET YOURSELF, BLACK!" Snape shouted. He was enraged. His face appeared as if it was radiating steam, it was twisted up in such anger, it looked as if he may explode any second. No one dared to breathe as they saw Snape was beyond angry, beyond reason.

"Three weeks detention, Black." He breathed out dangerously. Rubi turned her nose up at him, and for a second, Snape felt the breath leave his lungs.

Rubi shook her head and turned, bounding up the stairs after Hermione. Snape was staring after her with wide eyes. His heart twisted. He was reminded of the woman who once was his best friend.

Oh, how he had messed up. He lost his only two, true friends. Lily Evans and Fiona Potter.

Rubi had just reminded him of Fiona. A look similar to she had given when he had failed her and Lily.

Snape shook his head, his face turning stony as he barked at the class to get inside.

Rubi dashed along the corridors, headed towards the Hospital Wing. Once there, she pushed open the doors, making an almost dramatic entrance as her eyes wandered around hastily, until they landed on her best friend, who was seated at bed at the far end.

"Miss. Black!"

Madam Pomfrey was looking at the Gryffindor girl with a stern expression, her hands placed on her hips, as she had turned away from Hermione to look for who had intruded into her Hospital Wing so loudly.

"This is a Hospital Wing! Please be quiet! And why are you not in class? Have you been excused?"

Rubi grinned lazily, "I don't need any permission from some stupid chemistry git."

"Please talk about your Professors with respect-"

"I would if it weren't for the fact he is a prejudiced jerk."

The Matron's lips thinned and she turned back to work on fixing Hermione's teeth. Rubi gently took a seat at one of the beds, her leg swinging back and forth as she hummed a tune under her breath.

Madam Pomfrey huffed, straightening as she turned to face Rubi again.

"Miss. Black, if you are waiting for Miss. Granger, this will most likely take a long time. I suggest you get going." She suggested.

Rubi kindly smiled at the lady, "That's alright, Madam Pomfrey. I'll leave when I feel like it, and I want to know Mione will be alright."

The woman gently smiled at Rubi, being oddly reminded of a certain group of friends who all had cared for each other deeply. As Madam Pomfrey resumed her task, Rubi watched her before her eyes scraped across the landscape, her gaze pausing on Goyle, who was occupying another bed. A devilish grin slithered into her mind, as her lips turned upwards.

She pulled out her wand and muttered, "Impedimenta." Goyle's face flooded with surprise but now he was behaving as if in a slow motion scene from a movie. Then Rubi pointed her wand at the water pitcher sitting upon the small bedside table and whispered, "Wingardium Leviosa." The pearly-white pitcher was gently floating in the air, obeying the order from Rubi, and the girl slowly moved it over to Goyle, and with a satisfied smile, suddenly released it from her magical hold. The timing was perfect as Goyle had at the same second returned to his normal speed. The water poured on the Slytherin with the pitcher landing with a thud on Goyle, who shrieked.

"AAAHHHH!"

Madam Pomfrey swiftly whipped towards the commotion, "What are you doing, Mr. Goyle?" She demanded, as she rushed forth fussing over him.

"I- I didn't do it- It- It must have been her!" He shouted, pointing an accusing finger at the young Black who feigned surprise.

"Me? Why I've been doing nothing but just sitting here, Madam Pomfrey." She answered sweetly. Goyle scowled at her while Madam Pomfrey's lips thinned once again.

"Miss. Black, whether Mr. Goyle is speaking the truth or not, may I request you to leave my Hospital Wing for the peacefulness of my patients?

Rubi made a face and opened her mouth to retort but the matron cut her off, "Rest assured, Miss. Black, Miss. Granger is going to be alright. You may leave." She said, pointing a hand in the direction of the exit.

Rubi sighed but nodded with a gentle smile, and hopped off her bed, skipping out of the Hospital Wing. In order to bid her time, Rubi proceeded to the Hogwarts kitchens, in order to get a bite to eat and have a chat with the House-Elves. 

Hello!

How is everyone doing? So there was the next chapter and I know it's not much, but I really love the next chapter I have so stay tuned for that! I'm just debating on whether I should post it today or later on, but I think you all will like it! 

Love you all! <33

-Serina