𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈, 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

"She has something to lose now."

"It's not that, Sam. She may hate that you imprinted on Emily, but she would still protect her because we're a pack, whether she likes it or not."

Chrissy felt the tension from the door, and slightly through a bit in her head that had been forming over the past week. She hated it. It felt like being watched, like the weird feelings that came up around Edward, who never stopped staring through people. Or maybe it was into people. Either way, it was horrifying.

The tension hit her head in the form of a pain right in her temple. It felt like someone was angry, but didn't want to say it outright. A passive aggressive way to get their points across.

"You need to have more trust in Leah, Sam. You know what kind of a person she is. She's rough around the edges but she's been really good with Chrissy. I can tell that this is working," Jacob defended Leah to Sam. "Be easier on her, she's very territorial."

"Yeah, aren't we all?"

Chrissy had heard this guy multiple times and she did not like him one bit. He felt too young, too bold. It was almost entirely men his age that had the audacity that he did. He was the declared alpha of the pack her mates were a part of. Chrissy wished that Jacob was the pack leader, perhaps then she wouldn't have this raging headache.

"Stop it," she heard it as a whisper in her head. Distinctly Jacob's voice, "Whoever is doing that just stop- everyone can feel it."

I can too, Chrissy thought to herself.

"Shit, who was that?" an unknown voice asked if her head. So, she was dealing with everyone being linked together, the wolves asking questions to one another.

At least the voices were faint. Jacob probably had a worse headache, or better, depending on how being a wolf worked. Chrissy was too confused with what she was doing with her life to ponder those questions. What use would it be, anyways? The supernatural is so undiscovered by her human self.

"Yeah that was weird. Maybe Leah?" Another said.

God, it sounds like there's kids in my head, Chrissy thought as she dragged herself out of her bed. Glad I can't have kids cause I'd really rather die.

"That's so fucking dark what the Hell-"

"Seth- stop-"

Chrissy's face paled as she listened to the slightly disembodied voices fight in her head. She couldn't stop her thoughts from running.

Oh fuck who hears me? Fuck stop thinking. Stop. Fuck. Fuck me why- stop thinking. Stop.... stop. Fuck.

Her brain felt like death, her mind already not wanting to be where it was. Now she was embarrassing herself by speaking into some mental link that was now carving itself out in her head. What a horrible start to this whole thing, really. A bad end to the week and a terrible way to say hello to everyone.

It reminded her of saying something you weren't supposed to in school and then feeling like you had a target on your back. She had to stop this, shut up the link somehow. She didn't want to hear the squabbles, the confusion, none of it. She said the truth of it, some of the voices sounded like young kids and she didn't want them in her mind.

Edward was bad enough now that she knew he had been reading her mind the whole time, she didn't need another form of that. She had put that behind her.

She tried to ignore them, focus on getting better clothes on. She was still in a shirt and her underwear. Leggings and a smaller t-shirt would have to do since she and Leah only shared a pants size. Leah preferred tighter fitting shirts than her. She supposed once she turned into a wolf it wouldn't matter, since those shirts seemed to go bye bye pretty quickly.