Chapter 23: A Fresh Start

Start from the beginning

I hugged her back tightly. "I'll miss you too, Madiha. Thank you for everything." I got out of the car, leaning over the open window and saying, "I promise we'll talk all the time, and you can visit as often as you and Nima can."

Leaving everything behind is tough, but I know this is for the best. I'm ready for a new beginning.

I turned around to wave goodbye to Madiha. She gave me a reassuring smile, reminding me that I wasn't alone on this journey. I took my final step towards the entrance, ready to face my new future in Berlin - no matter what it had in store for me.

—————-xx————-

I sat in the boarding area, clutching my boarding pass, my mind racing with all kinds of thoughts

I sat in the boarding area, clutching my boarding pass, my mind racing with all kinds of thoughts. I was leaving London, the city that once felt like home. I was heading to Berlin, where it all started. All this was happening because I needed to get away. Away from the memories. Away from the past.

At that moment, something caught my eye. A poster for Quirky Stevens' upcoming USA tour. My heart dropped, instantly reminded of the fact that I was leaving London because of her.

I took a deep breath, trying to will my emotions to stay in check. This was not the time to fall apart. I was leaving everything behind for a reason, and I needed to stick to my decision.

Just then, my phone buzzed. I looked at it to see that a notification had popped up. It was from Erynn's twitter; she's back in London. I felt a chill run down my spine. It's ironic how she had just arrived in London, totally unaware that I'm leaving. Fate, it seemed, had other plans for us.

(A/N: Ignore the Date & time of the post!)

I tried to distract myself by reading a book, but my mind kept wandering. I wondered if she was thinking about me, whether she regretted our break up. I quickly shook off those thoughts. I didn't want to think about something that was already done and dusted.

As I glanced around, scanning the airport for anything to entertain me, I saw her. Erynn. Making her way out the arrival gates with her bandmates, looking every bit the rockstar that she is. My heart raced, and I felt my palms grow clammy. I couldn't believe it. What were the chances that we'd end up in the same place at the same time? A place I was leaving, and she was arriving back into.