JOURNEY TO LOVE - 11

Start from the beginning

"Are you both ready ?" I inquired. Amelia nodded, and they gathered their bags, with me taking one and her handling the other.

"Let's get going." I instructed, and she settled into the passenger seat while Alex occupied the back.

Soon, we reached the airport where my mother and Emily were already waiting for us. Amelia greeted my mom, and her formal approach was met with a warm response. "Enough with the formalities, dear. You're going to be my son's wife – call me 'mom' already." My mother insisted. Amelia glanced at me for approval. I subtly nodded, and she smiled in agreement.

Emily and Alex struck up a conversation, and as their laughter rang out, I couldn't help but feel a mixture of happiness and concern. While I was pleased to see Alex possibly finding a sense of normalcy, my worries for Emily's emotional attachment surfaced. She tended to form connections quickly, which sometimes led to pain. However, I knew I'd be there for both of them.

"Shall we ?" Amelia's voice drew me from my thoughts, and I followed her onto the plane. As they settled into their plush seats, I reached for my laptop, ready to work, and noticed Amelia doing the same.

"Mr. Reed contacted me." I informed her. She raised her head, our gazes meeting. Her eyes held a certain innocence that I found endearing.

"What did he say ?" She inquired softly.

"He mentioned that his son, Axel Reed, will oversee the deal. Axel is currently visiting his offices across the country and the continent and will return in about a month."

"Okay. I hope he is just like his father." She responded, and I nodded in understanding. Just then, Emily's voice interrupted us.

"Seriously, you two have no life. This isn't a business trip, you know." She teased, shaking her head as if exhausted by our seriousness; or maybe she was.

"My apologies," Amelia responded with a gentle smile.

"I'll let it slide this time." Emily said, feigning annoyance. Amelia nodded, and I rolled my eyes, setting my laptop aside. Emily grinned and resumed her seat.

"They have such lively spirits." Amelia whispered, observing my mother, Emily, and Alex engaged in conversation and laughter.

"They certainly do." I agreed.

"It's been a while since Alex and I went anywhere. Seeing him so happy is heartwarming."

"A step towards a normal life." I added, and she turned her gaze toward me, a hopeful smile playing on her lips.

After the flight landed, two awaiting cars transported us to the house where I had spent my childhood. Nestled in a secluded area, the two-story house stood tall, embraced by an expansive garden. Memories flooded my mind upon arrival, and as I glanced at my mother and Emily, their expressions mirrored my sentiment.

"Such a beautiful place." Amelia whispered, a touch of amusement in her voice.

"Their dad always valued privacy, which is why he built our home away from the city's chaos. Lucas later renovated it." Mom explained.

"Shall we head inside ?" Amelia nodded in agreement, following me as we entered. Her expressions of wonder and amazement reflected as she surveyed the interiors.

"Alex, let Emily show you to your room. It's adjacent to hers. If you need anything, reach out to her first." I instructed Alex, receiving a nod from him. Emily led him away, and my mother retired to her room.

"Come with me" I invited Amelia, leading her through a set of stairs to the first floor, where two rooms stood opposite each other.

"This is your room." I indicated one of them. "And if you require anything, feel free to come to me." I gestured toward my room.

"Thank you. I'll go rest for a bit." Amelia whispered, and I acknowledged her with a nod before retiring to my own room.

Standing on the balcony, memories of playing with my father in the garden and enjoying barbecues together washed over me. Life was so easy back then.

In just four days, our wedding would take place. The notion of sharing my room, my personal space, with someone – especially a woman who would have parts right over it was a new experience.

A chuckle escaped me as I contemplated my own thoughts before deciding to freshen up and join everyone for supper.

___________________________________________

Wedding is gonna be taking place this Friday.
And you all are invited !!!

Hope you are enjoying the story so far.
Please do let me know your views in the comments.

Please vote, it motivates.

Stay healthy
Stay safe !!