Chapter 12 - The first date never ends

Start from the beginning

"Yeah right," I whispered, watching him as he grabbed my other wrist and did the same.

Without saying a word, he stepped forward, urging me back against the door. He kept his eyes on mine, and gently stroked my side, placing both of his hands on my hips. He squeezed them gently, smiling at me. Biting my lip, I stared at him, wanting him to just kiss me already. His eyes darkened and lowered, staring towards my mouth.

"Lily," he growled, removing his hand from my hip and reaching up, threading it through my hair. "How many times have I told you not to do that?"

"I don't - "

But I didn't get the chance to finish, as Noah dipped his head forward, brushing his lips against mine gently. I could barely feel them, but I could feel his breath mingling with mine. "I'm not going to kiss you Lily," he murmured, rubbing his thumb along the curve of my ear.

"Why?" I whined, trying to pull him closer.

He laughed gently, resisting my attempts at pulling him in. "...Because this is the first date honey," he smiled. "And I'm going to be a gentleman."

I sighed as he dropped his hand from my hair and took a small step back. As the warmth from his body left mine, I felt a pang of regret. "Fine," I mumbled, already missing the feel of him. "But I still get to kiss you goodnight."

His eyes widened and he stood frozen to the spot as I stepped forward, a smirk on my face. Reaching up, I wrapped my hand around the back of his neck and pulled him down. "You're not making this easy for me honey," he murmured, his eyes squeezed shut.

I laughed softly, and placed my mouth against his ear. "Now what would be the fun in that?" I whispered softly, threading my fingers through his, his hand hanging limply by his side.

Lowering my mouth, I kissed him gently on the side of his neck. He tensed up beneath me, squeezing my hand tightly as I trailed my lips down to the hollow of his neck. I kissed him lightly, savouring the feel of his salty skin on my lips. His breathing had increased, becoming very rapid under my touch. I could feel his pulse rising. Smiling softly, I let go of his hand and stepped back, my cheeks flushed.

"Goodnight college boy," I whispered, turning the handle behind me and opening the apartment door quietly.

"Sweet dreams Lily," he panted, still not taking his eyes off mine.

Smiling, I gently closed the door, leaving Noah standing out in the hallway, a dazed look in his eyes. Spinning around, I dropped my bag to the floor and leant against the door. The night ran through my mind, and I couldn't help but grin as I gingerly tiptoed through the darkened apartment, trying not to wake Jennifer. But that proved not to be a problem, as the living room lights suddenly came to life, and out came Jen, dressed in her Winnie the Pooh pyjamas. Her hair was all over the place, and her eyes were half shut. She had obviously been asleep, but had heard the commotion Noah had caused outside by tickling me.

"Hey Jen," I smiled, "Are you actually awake or are you sleepwalking?"

"Uh - half and half," she yawned, looking around in a daze when she bumped in to the back of the sofa.

I laughed as she collapsed on to it, yawning again. "What are you doing up?" I asked. "You were obviously asleep."

"Yep. I was," she mumbled, her eyes still closed. "But I heard you guys and I need the gossip, A.S.A.P."

Chuckling, I hung my coat up on the hook in the kitchen and walked over to the armchair, collapsing in to it with a sigh. "He took me to the ice rink," I whispered, knowing that would get Jennifer's attention with what she knew about me.