Confliction - Modern AU! Sekido x Reader

It was a cool Thursday afternoon in Japan in October. Outside in a park, stood a muscular, young man, with shoulder-length hair. That young man, is Sekido and he seems to be deep in thought, conflicted about a few things. One of those things is (Y/N), one of his many great friends, whom he has developed feelings for.

It was only fifteen days ago when he realized his true feelings toward his beloved and yet, he felt so conflicted. It felt wrong to like her because of the friendship they had and he feared he might bring it to ruin.

As he stood in the park, the thick branches with the beautiful orange trees providing him a comfortable shade, he awaits (Y/N)'s arrival. Today was the day he'd confess. Despite his intimidating demeanor, he felt nervous, nervous that she might reject him, but he waited nevertheless. It would be about another ten minutes when she'd arrive with her all too recognizable bright smile.

He felt his heart in his throat; the mere presence of her fills him with a lot of nervousness. He then clenched his hands and takes a deep breath to calm down his nerves. Walking up to her with open arms with her, he greets her happily and says, "Hey, (Y/N)."

"Hey, Sekido, how are you?" you greet him as you hug him back. "I'm doing fine, how 'bout you?" For some reason, he felt his heart skip when you asked him how was he doing and he liked it.

"I'm quite alright, thank you for asking." you both begin to walk as you asked him, "Why did you call me here anyways? Is there something wrong?" you asked him as you were walking beside Sekido.

"I wanted to spend time with you. We've barely gotten the chance to." he softly said to you.

"Oh, well that's quite sweet of you." and you smiled at him. Jeez, that smile... It made him feel so warm and fuzzy inside, and his emotions were bouncing everywhere.

You leaned your body forward a bit before speaking, "So, how've you been?" a simple question, but one he found difficult to answer with how he felt right now. "I've been doing okay, for the most part. How about you?"

"I've been well, Zohakuten is entering his freshmen year after graduating middle school, and the other three are doing well as usual." His demeanour seemed cool and composed, but on the inside, he was far from composed. Why is speaking to her so difficult? We're best friends! We've known each other so long! So why is confessing to her so difficult?! Sekido then remembered what Karaku had said.

"Get straight to the point with her, from the way you've described her, she's not someone who likes to wait. Take her to some café or to the park and get on with it."

Well, that's easier said than done... Sekido then brings her over to a nice secluded area in the park. They both sit down and he starts.

"There's a reason I called you here, and it's not just to hang out and catch up."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Its... It's just that... We've known each other for so long, and we have so much in common with each other... And..." Sekido was struggling to find the words to say. Come on... Just tell her how you feel, and then let the conversation flow...

You notice this and say, "And? What's wrong?" you said as you put your hand on his shoulder.

He felt his body warm up when you touched him. He puts his hand where his heart is and his breath was trembling every time he inhaled. He grabs his shirt his shirt to calm himself down as he was slowly breathing in and out.

"Are you alright?" You asked him, concerned about why he was acting like this.

He nods as he says, "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay..." He pats his chest and looks at you. "I just... " He sighs out of frustration from not having the right words until he said, "Oh fuck it... I like you, okay?"