Look at the Stars, How They Shine For You

Почніть із самого початку

"I get that," I nodded. "I was actually talking to Cedric about this not so long ago. You hear about The Brotherhood, you know who they are and that they are in fact coming... but you had managed to convince yourself that it's something far in the future. You think of them as these horrible nightmares and you're not going to realize it's a reality until it's too late."

Lena nodded her head, completely understanding each word I said even if I didn't understand them myself.

"What's the deal with you two anyways?" She asked me, finally turning her head to look at me. "You guys have this crazy weird chemistry, you seem to trust each other with your life despite only knowing each other for less then a month... what's the deal with that?"

"You're one to talk," I said, allowing a laugh to escape my lips. "Come on, you and Emmett, Lena? You can't tell me there's no chemistry there either."

"We're friends, Bella." She said in monotone, now setting her empty ice cream bowl to the side. "I trust Emmett with my life, you're right and he's probably the only person on this whole planet that will understand me and always be there - whether I want it or not. But I'm way too screwed up for anything else, I can't even think about a relationship. If you haven't noticed I put up these walls that are pretty much impossible to break down."

"But I'm getting there aren't I?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips. "I think you and I have a pretty good relationship going. Whether we're friends or acquaintances... Have I broken down those walls?"

Lena stared at me for a few seconds, her face stone cold before a smile finally broke out across her face. "You're definitely getting there, I have this odd respect for you and yet extreme hatred for you at the same time. But I guess that's just the Lena part of me and the Hesper part of me."

"What do you mean?"

"There's a reason why we don't really get along a lot of the time," Lena began to explain, sweeping her pale blonde hair over her shoulder. "We both know that the sun and moon are complete opposites but it doesn't just stop there. We're like the angel and devil on your shoulders. You represent day, I represent night, you represent warmth, and I coolness. I'm water, you're fire. When you have one you always need the other.... we aren't supposed to get along but we fit together two and two at the same time."

I nodded my head, taking it all in. I suppose it made sense, I knew that I had this special connection with fire as well as the sun which made sense obviously because... hello the sun is fire. And although half the time Lena and I pretty much wanted to kill each other, there were times when we acted like sisters - like now.

"Well I don't care about how we're supposed to be polar opposites or how we're supposed to hate each other." I spoke up. "Because we're basically family, and whether you want to admit it or not I know you love me and all my annoying ways. And we may be terrified about what's to come, but we're going to get through it together. One for all and all for one.... or whatever that saying is."

Lena laughed, nodding her head as she did so. "Right," She smiled. "We'll get through it. We're not only witches, but we're Hesper's... we have the potential for great things. We'll win this thing together."

                                                                                                      ☀

Later that day, after my afternoon ice cream adventure with Lena I found myself at Greenmore once again. I had been there my whole morning, doing my training and whatnot, then the whole deep ice cream discussion happened and now here I was yet again.

Greenmore had a library much like the mayors house one. True there wasn't some secret passage in it - not that I knew of anyway, but it was filled with ancient leatherback books that no doubt in his millennium long life Marcus had picked up along the way.