Year 1 - Chapter 5

It had been almost two months since I had started school at Hogwarts. Since then I have learned a lot about both the Wizarding world and my friends. Regarding school, I've mastered all spells and potions we've learned. In addition, I have gotten so much better at Flying and Transfiguration. So far I have been right on what classes I would and wouldn't like. My favorite class was Charms since I was with all my Slytherin friends, and my least favorite was History of Magic since the class was the most boring.

Moving on from school topics, my friend group was still as strong as ever. Ever since the first night everyone talked, we had grown a bond that everyone could clearly see. Also now a part of the group were the Weasley twins, Fred and George. We had met them the day after the group became a thing. They would often pull pranks on us but never anything extreme. Sometimes they would drag other members of the group into their pranks. Honestly, they were very fun to hang out with even when they weren't planning pranks or joking around. Apart from my brothers and Adrian being my best friends, I had gotten the closest to Oliver and Caroline. Of course I was still close to the other girls and Cedric, but there was something about Oliver and Caroline that made them feel closer to me.

Caroline and I were the closest with each other of the girls in the group. Likewise, Letty and Brooke were as close as us with each other. Then there was Astrid, who had the same best friend bond with her sister Akira. Astrid had introduced us to her sister after a few days when she had to ask her to help us with one of our Astronomy assignments. Akira was very knowledgeable on all school topics and told us we could always come to her for help if needed. She seemed like a really nice person, sadly I never really got to hang out with her.

Me and Caroline got close because we shared all our classes together except for Flying and Herbology. This caused us to always be together and work on all our assignments together. She had started a game that only we would play. It was where one of us would point out a guy or girl we saw to the other, then the other person would have to tell the other if they thought the person was cute or not. So far, she had found 4 girls cute and 6 guys cute. This had led me to find out the devastating piece of information that was, she thought my brother, Blake, was cute. I had no idea if we were looking at the same person anymore. Three of the others were Joshua, Adrian, and Cedric which were all understandable. Unlike the ogre of my twin.

Then there was Oliver.

There was something about him that drew me closer to him. I felt completely free with him, never having to hide myself in the slightest. We were always honest with each other about everything. He was the only one I had told about my parents loyalties during the war. At first he was shocked, his own parents had never mentioned much about the war to him. As expected, he threw a ton of questions my way, wanting to know more. After I told him all I knew, he wasn't upset in the slightest. He had told me, "Anything your parents have done does not define you. I won't ever judge you or be mad at you for their actions." This had brought me a great wave of relief. He promised nothing I had told him would be known by anyone else. Even Blake and Joshua wouldn't know that he knew.

-

Today is October 31st, Halloween, my birthday.

My roommates had woken me up this morning yelling "Happy Birthday Y/n", making me almost fall out of my bed. They had woken up early in order to give me the little surprise. Brooke had gifted me a muggle camera which she said was called a Polaroid. Astrid had given me a bundle of Sugar quills and some Self-Inking quills, and Letty had gotten me a box of Honeydukes sweets. Then, Caroline had gotten me a perfume that smelled like roses and a dark green sweater. The sweater, had all twelve names of the group around the cuffs. It's enchanted to circulate the names continuously.

We had headed down to the Grand Hall to eat breakfast. On the way there, we had ran into Fred and George. They had congratulated me and told me that for the next month, they would not pull any pranks on me or Blake. In addition, they said we could help choose their next victims when we asked. This was like a breath of relief to everyone in the group, since that would be everyone's present from the twins during their birthday up till a month later. At the moment, Caroline had that privilege too since her birthday was only around two weeks ago on October 13. Then Cedric had been the first to enjoy his peace. His peace had ended a day before Caroline's birthday, his birthday was September 12, making him the oldest in the group.