Chapter Twenty-Four: A Date Interrupted! 2/2

"That was quite amusing. Don't you think Genya?" Yumi asked him.

"Ugh, disrespectful piece of shit even drank the tea you made me." Genya felt disappointed.

"Don't worry I can make more." Yumi just flashed him a big smile.

"Hmm."

Genya and Yumi had been talking to each other recently. At first Genya was a bit aggressive but slowly he calmed down. Something about Yumi attracted him. Her eyes, they looked at him the same way his mother did, before the accident. They looked at him so softly. But the presence of her was strong, just like his older brother

Opening the small window to let the moonlight flow in, he saw Yumi's hair also light up ever so beautifully. His heart started to move rapidly and redness came to his neck and ears. "Beautiful..." He softly whispered.

Yumi heard all of it. His heart, the whisper, all. Her heart too was pounding. She was about to say something when they heard a loud crash.

"Dammit! A demon attack!" Genya quickly grabbed his gun and ran towards the noise.

Yumi followed him quickly. Jumping onto the roofs for a more quick route. There they saw multiple demons.

All the way from the roof top Genya shot two of the three there. He then went down to decapitate them completely.

After Genya decapitated them, the split body parts were made into other demons. Tanjiro explained that if you cut them, they multiply into more.

One of the demon's copies had wings. That one grabbed Tanjiro's leg and swept him up in the air while one with blue eyes tried to stab Genya in the abdomen but was blocked with one of Yumi's kunai.

"You are depressingly weak, having to be saved by a girl." The blue eyed demon said.

The demon holding Tanjiro used a screech while it's leg got cut off with it, Tanjiro was falling into a forest.

"Well, time to do my job as a Hashira." Yumi went down and threw four smoke bombs. 

Word count: 330