Chapter Twenty-Three: A Little Visit

Yumi was eating peacefully while listening to Tanjiro and Mitsuri's conversation.

"So Yumi do you have any siblings?" Tanjiro asked.

"No, I was raised as an only child!" Still eating peacefully.

"Doesn't your father want more children?" Tanjiro asked.

"My father is dead."

"HUH? Uzui-San is dead?!" Tanjiro and Mitsuri both yelled out.

"Oh, you meant Uzui-San? He's not my biological father. My father died years ago." Yumi said dismissing the idea. Although Uzui had stated after the mission of uppermoon 6 that she should call him father, dad, papa, baba, all those names. "Although he is planning to have children of his own."

An awkward silence came into the room.

"A...Anyways let's go see what Genya is doing. He still hasn't come here." Tanjiro said.

While Tanjiro and Mitsuri were leaving, Yumi finished eating. 'Wow, she invited me and left me here. Anyway I'll go visit Satō-San tomorrow.' Yumi soon got a Kakushi to show her where she could rest for the night.

"Could you please bring me to Haru Satō?" Yumi asked a Kakushi.

"Right away!"

Right away the Kakushi show her to where Satō created her dual cleavers.

"Thank you, you can rest." Yumi smiled.

"Y...Yes!" The Kakushi said.

"Satō-San? Are you here?" Yumi started to call out for him.

Soon a blade came straight for her but she dodged it but not without cutting a bit of her left cheek.

"Those who have come here have broken my beautiful creations. Who dares break my masterpieces?!"

"Satō-San, I haven't broken my blades at all. If you want you can inspect them." She got her dual cleavers off her back and handed them to Satō.

"Hmm, I'll call you if I see something..." Satō said in a menacing tone.

Time for a Taisho Era secret

✧Satō is ambidextrous

✧Yumi could hear swings of katanas

✧Satō was quite impressed, out of all the slayers that he has made weapons, Yumi only had chips here and there, otherwise the sword was in perfect condition

Word count: 331