Chapter Seventeen: Leave or Join

"Ah, Inoko-Chan! Just who I was looking for!" Yumi quickly looked around to see if anyone was around. "Makio still hasn't gotten the food that I got for her. We have to get inside her room."

"Say no more Ayana." Inosuke then went and barged into the room where souposdidy Makio is in.

'He even got the undercover name wrong...' Yumi just deadpanned at Inosuke before looking inside the room.

In the room was a bunch of papers pinned on the wall. The whole room was a complete mess with papers on the floor as well. The mirror was shattered and pieces of glass were on the floor. All the furniture was scattered around and the cushions were ripped open.

'There's wind, Even though the windows were closed...' Both Inosuke and Yumi looked at eachother and quickly looked up at the ceiling. 'The attic!'

Inosuke then grabbed the plate that was on the tray Yumi had brought to Makio and threw it up at the ceiling. "Hey coward! I'm onto you!"

Suddenly the whole upstairs started to shake and make shuffling sounds.

"Now all we have to do is catch the damn thing before it gets away." Inosuke said to Yumi before he started to run after the sound.

Yumi then ran after him in an attempt to also catch the demon that was up there.

'It's a demon for sure! Where's it heading? I can hardly keep up.' Inosuke then saw Yumi speed up in front of him.

'There's no way in hell I'll let anything stop me from finding Makio!' Yumi pushed people who were blocking her and Inosuke's way.

"Get back here!" Inosuke yelled while looking up.

Yumi stopped when she no longer heard the noise.

Inosuke then opened up a room where two courtesans were getting ready.

"What's going on?" One of the courtesans said before Inosuke shoved both of them out of his and Yumi's way.

He then proceeded to knock down the other door to the room.

'It's daytime so it has to stay up there. But it has to come down the wall at some point.'

When Inosuke came to a corner he raised his fist and yelled, "Like right now!"

Just as he was about to punch the wall, one of the customers came.

"Where are you in such a rush, good looking?"

Just as the customer said that he got punched in the face by Inosuke, making all the nearby courtesans yell in panic and concern. "Did you knock him out?!"

'Damn it. It was too early! Now it's headed downstairs.' Inosuke thought to himself.

Just as Yumi got to the scene she immediately bowed "Sorry for Inoko-Chan's actions." Then she went to run after Inosuke again.

"Over here!" Inosuke yelled while jumping down the stairs, not using them to save time.

But once he finally got downstairs he lost the demon. "This way...no this way...I can't tell. It's hard to get a feel from it." Inosuke then started fidgeting with this kimono. "Where is that thing?! I can't believe I lost it! Those idiots got in my way!"

Yumi just got there a few seconds after Inosuke did. "Did you get it Inosuke-Kun?"

"No, I didn't. But I swear, I will get it next time!" Inosuke yelled.

"Well, now we have to report this to Uzui-San as fast as we can and we still have to explain to the chaperon about all this mess we have made."

Yumi, of course being the Sound Hashira's Tsuguko, could hear the empty space down below and the movement. 'I should probably report this to him this as well.'