CHAPTER 41

EMILY'S  POV  :-

'Wow'! My mouth opened wide in astonishment on seeing the thing, standing proudly in front of me!

We are currently standing in front of the real Eiffel Tower. There are couples, friends, students, travellers, and many more people around us.

Zach suddenly grasped my hand tightly and intertwined my fingers with his. I looked up at him, but he was still looking at the thing in front of him. There was some kind of emotion in his eyes, but I was not able to recognize it. The emotion, which I have never seen in his eyes before. But what is it?

"Like what you see?" Zach suddenly brought me out of my reverie.

Was he talking about himself or the tower? I actually like both....
Wait! What? I like Zach? No, Emily you are overthinking! You can never like this arrogant jerk. Okay, maybe after everything good he had done for me, I might have started liking him, but definitely not in that way!

I shook my head to free myself from such stupid thoughts! I looked up to see Zach staring at me. He had his usual devilish smirk on his face.

"What were you thinking, princess?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

Great! Princess! One more nick name for me! Why can't he just call me Emily? Because he definitely loves to irritate you, you stupid! You can't even figure out such simple thing!

"Nothing," I said, rolling my eyes at him.

"How can I be so stupid? You were definitely thinking about me!" He said, as if it was a matter of fact. This man is really very cocky and arrogant!

"Thinking about you? Actually you are right! I was thinking that how do you always manage to be so irritating?" I replied, and his smirk was now replaced by a frown.

"Whatever!" He said, dismissing my remark and pulling me towards the tower. We took the elevator and reached the first level! Zach went on telling me everything about the place! The multi-billionaire Zach Paxwell was acting like my tour guide! Isn't that funny? I chuckled at the thought! He took the pictures of the Invalides, the Champs La Mars and the Sacre Coeur from his iphone. He then took a single picture of me! What is wrong with this man? He has been taking my pictures since we reached Paris! I can bet that till now, he has taken atleast 100 pictures of me! He then asked an old couple to take the picture of him and me together. The old man happily took the iphone from his hand. The old woman smiled at us and told something in old man's ear, which made him to smile too.
But what? My curiosity increased but I decided not to ask.

Zach suddenly wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. I don't know why, but I feel protected, when I am in his arms. I looked up at him. And he was doing the same. He was looking down at me. And suddenly the flash brought me back to reality. I then realised that the old man took our picture when we were looking in each other's eyes! It looked like we are a happy couple. But no, we are not a couple! This can never happen! I immediately got out of his arms and moved away from him. The old man handed the iphone back to Zach. The old woman came to me and whispered in my ear,
"You are lucky to have such a loving and caring husband. May God bless you both!" Before I could tell her the truth that Zach is not my husband, the old man grasped her hand and pulled her along with him.

"What did she say?" Zach asked me, still looking at the pictures in his iphone. I am definitely not going to tell him! I mean how can I tell him that the woman thought that he is my husband! Not only husband, but a loving and caring husband!

"Nothing for you to know. Now let's go!" I said, dismissing his question. Luckily, he did not argue more. Again he held my hand and intertwined our fingers. He seemed to do this a lot now. I think that all these cheesy things only make people to think that we are a couple. No Emily, this is not good. You definitely should stay away from Zach. I don't know why, but I like being near him!

************************