Safety First

"One"

***
Y/N's POV

I close my eyes, not wanting to see whatever is gonna happen next. I'm preparing myself for a loud gunshot.

"NOW!" I hear a familiar voice shout.

I look up and see that the man who's holding a gun to Tuk's head is being pierced with an arrow. An arrow I know all too well.

Neteyam's arrow.

He jumps out of the bushes and shoots another one, making sure he kills the guy.

But before the man falls to the ground, he shoots.

"TUK!" I shout. But luckily the bullet didn't hit her head, it hit her arm.

"You fucking idiot! You missed!" Quaritch yells, but it's too late. The man is now laying on the ground, dead.

Neteyam runs up to Tuk with Kiri and Lo'ak following him. When he's with her, he turns his head around to face me.

"Y/N!" He says with worry in his eyes.

"It's okay Neteyam, go help Tuk, I'm okay" I reassure him.

He looks at me. He wants to help me, but then he nods. He knows his wounded sister needs his help more.

"I see your friends are busy with their little sister.. So it's you and me now, cupcake" Quaritch says threateningly in my ear.

He points his gun into my back.

This man's got nerve, he's playing with fire now. First he wants to kill Tuk and now he wants to kill me? Well, that's not gonna happen, not today. This man needs to die and if nobody is gonna kill him, I will.

"I'm not scared of you" I say, also threateningly. "It's you who should be scared of me now"

I feel my anger rise and that always means I'm about to do something stupid. But in this moment, I don't really care. If I don't kill this guy right now, no one will. Everyone is too afraid of him, I can feel it.

But I'm not. This man is the devil himself and there's only one place where he belongs: Hell.

"Now it's your turn, cupcake!" Quaritch says.

"Hey! Let go of my girlfriend!" Neteyam yells. He points his bow and arrow towards Quaritch.

But then Quaritch grabs my hair, pulling my head back. He leans to my ear. "Don't you dare threaten me, boy. Because I will kill you and your pretty girlfriend"

He points his weapon now into the direction of Neteyam and the rest. He loads it and is about to pull the trigger.

Excuse me? Kill Neteyam?

"You just made the biggest mistake you could've ever made, fucker. It's time for you to return back to where you belong!" I say with anger in my voice.

And then, I probably do the most stupidest thing I've ever done in my entire life: I transform myself into my lion form.

Right in front of everyone. Good job, Y/N, good job. You just revealed your deepest secret to them. I mean, it's not like I don't want them to know it, but I just don't want them to know so soon already. And I definitely would've told them another way, but unfortunately it's too late for that now.

When I'm done with transforming, I turn around and attack him. He starts screaming and shooting into the air. But it's too late for him. My mouth finds his neck and before I now it, my sharp teeth bite into his flesh. My paws are on his chest so I can dig into his skin with my nails. His torturing screams stop when I finally bite his neck through. I feel his pulse slow down fast and within seconds he's dead.