First day in the woods

Neteyam's POV

Last night was awful. No one actually slept, because we were talking about how these next few days or maybe even weeks are going to be like. I mean, we don't even know how long we need to stay away. And what if they need help? What if they're outnumbered? And what if something happens to us? Who would help us?

All these questions that no one could answer. The only thing I know is the fact that I'm the oldest and therefore the one who's responsible for everyone. It's my job to protect them and keep them safe.

After a long night without having a good sleep, we are now walking through the forest. We're searching for a safe place to hide for two or three days. Y/N has been in this forest a lot, so she probably knows where we're going.

"Are we there yet?" Tuk asks. We've been walking for hours now, going deeper and deeper into the forest.

"Just a few more minutes, Tuk. We are almost there" Y/N responds. She's leading the way and I'm walking beside her, hand in hand.

"But where is 'there' exactly?" Lo'ak asks.

"Come on bro. Y/N knows the forest, so trust her" I say.

Kiri sighs. "I don't wanna be annoying or anything, but we've been walking for hours now, brother. We're hungry and Tuk's battery is very low"

I turn around and see that the eyes of my little sister are almost closing. Poor thing. I stop my tracks and pick her up. "Come here, Tuk. You can put your head on my shoulder and sleep"

She immediately does so. Y/N looks up at me with a genuine smile.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just find it very cute how you always take good care of her"

I smile. "Well, she's the youngest and therefore the most vulnerable. She needs our protection and love the most"

She nods, totally agreeing with me.

"I could use a little love too, you know" Lo'ak interrupts.

Me and Y/N laugh at this.

Kiri slaps his arm harshly, making Lo'ak wince.

"Ouch! Why did you do that?"

"That was me showing love to you, brother" Kiri smiles.

Y/N starts laughing even louder then before.

"I love you're siblings so much" She says. "I'm sure that, if they stay this way, we can survive these couple of days"

I also laugh at this, she's right.

"By the way, I think we're there" She says.

We all look around. There's literally nothing but high trees and bushes around us.

"Okay..? Now what's your plan?" I ask her.

"Well, you guys are forest Na'vi's, so don't tell me you've never build a treehouse before" She responds.

"But why here?" Kiri asks.

Y/N points towards a box-looking thing, made out of twigs and leaves. Lo'ak walks up to it and opens it. In the box is a lot of fresh meat.

"Is that meat?" Kiri asks.

"Yep, and if you walk over there there's a bush with berries. They're not poisened, I already checked" Y/N smiles proud.

"Food!" Tuk says happily, while waking up from her little nap on my shoulder.

I put her down. "What is this? Why do you have this meat here?" I ask Y/N.

Her eyes widen a little, but after a few seconds she just turns around without saying anything. She starts picking up twigs, probably to make a fire.

That was weird.. I shrug my shoulders and order Lo'ak to go help Y/N with making diner.

"Kiri, we are going to build a treehouse. It needs to be high, so activate your climbing skills. It's been a long time since we've last done that"

She nods.

"Why does it need to be high?" Lo'ak asks.

"So no one can see us, you skxawng!" Kiri reacts.

"Can I help? I also want to go in the tree!" Tuk says with her cute, big puppy eyes.

"Okay, you can help us. Kiri and I will go search for large objects that we can use as a floor. You, Tuk, you can search for large leaves so we can use them as a roof. We don't want to get wet if it rains, right?"

"No, we don't want that!" Tuk smiles. She jumps up and down and then starts searching for the leaves. Y/N and Lo'ak are preparing the food and making a fire and Kiri and I start searching for large objects.

***
After thirty minutes, diner was ready. We all ate the meat and after diner everyone helped me with building the treehouse. After two more hours of laughing, building and actually really having fun together, the treehouse is now done.

We are all standing in it, looking around if anything is missing.

"I don't like it" Lo'ak says after a few seconds of silence.

I sigh. "What is it, Lo'ak?"

"We all have to sleep together"

"Yeah? So?" I don't get what he's saying.

"Well, we have to sleep together. Like, close.."

"Lo'ak, I think you're weird" Tuk says.

It was silent again for a few seconds. We're all looking at eachother and finally we all start laughing. Except Lo'ak, he doesn't get it.

"Okay, I really love spending time with you guys, but I am really getting tired" Y/N says.

"Yeah, me too" I respond.

We all lay down next to eachother. Lo'ak on the right, next to him Kiri, then Tuk, then Y/N and then me.

It was silent for a few minutes. Everyone is asleep, except for me. But then I see Y/N turn around.

"Heyy" She whisperes with a smile.

I smile back at her and give her a small kiss. "Heyy"

"Why can't you sleep?" She asks me.

I sigh. "I don't know.. I think it's because I'm worried"

"Why?" Her facial expressions turn into concern.

"What is going to happen to us, Y/N? Are we in danger? What is happening back at the village? I mean, we're not even gone for a day and I'm already going crazy here" I admit.

She just puts her hand on my cheeck, caressing it softly and calmly.

"I'm the oldest one, so I'm responsible for if anything happens to you guys. And what if anything happens to you guys? What if you guys get hurt? I would literally never forgive myself, and what if-"

"Baby, baby, stop. Nothing is gonna happen. You don't have to worry about these things, 'cause I'm here too" She sweetly whisperes.

"Y-you're here too.."

"Yes, I'm here too" She gives me a kiss. "And I'll always be here, you don't have to do this all on your own. I'll protect them too, I promise" She smiles.

I breath in and out, calming down at her words. "Thank you"

"Now go sleep, we all need to rest"

"Okay, okay" I wrap my arms around her and close my eyes. After a few seconds I almost fall asleep, but before I'm gone, I hear her whisper something in my ear.

"I love you"

***
GUYSSS THIS IS SO CUTE I CAN'T-

This was so fun to write! My goal is to write a new chapter every week, so stay tuned!

Be kind to yourself!

Lots of love,
Jasmine<3