Hide and seek

Y/N's POV

When I wake up, I see that the whole group is gone. Except for the person who's laying behind me with his arms wrapped around me. I turn around and see that he's already looking at me.

We just stare at eachother for minutes. His hands are caressing my back, making me feel really comfortable and safe. The silence between us isn't awkward, it's calming.

I love being with him..

I love him..

And last night I told him. But only because I thought that he was already asleep. I was too scared for his reaction. But now, when I'm looking at him, it feels as if he knows what I said.

I wanna say something. But when I open my mouth, he starts kissing me. Carefully at first and then more passioned. His arms are still around me, almost hugging me.

We lay like that for a few minutes. His lips on mine and his hands on my back. This feels perfect. Being with him is perfect. If I could spend the rest of my days with him then I would, without a doubt.

But there's still a part of me that he doesn't know about. I'm scared for what he might do if he finds out. He'll think I'm a monster. He'll think that I'm a killing machine, ready to attack everyone he loves. But that's not me.. If he knows me well enough then he wouldn't see me like that, right? I mean, I told him that I love him and I really mean that. But if he doesn't believe me, then I don't know what to do. I've seen Neteyam fight, he's strong and fast. He could kill me easily, if I don't watch out.

All these thoughts are racing through my head. I almost forget that we're still kissing. But then he breaks the kiss. Our breathing being heavy from making out so long. His beautiful, yellow eyes are piercing through mine.

"I love you too" He whisperes.

My eyes widen. He what?

A smile creeps up on his face. "You truly thought that I didn't hear you last night?"

"Well, you didn't react. So I figured you were asleep.." I respond.

The smile on his face turns even bigger.

"But why did you say it then?" He asks.

"I don't know.. Because I felt it, I guess. And because I wanted to share it with you.."

His eyes are filled with happiness. I smile at this, finding it very, very cute.

"I love you" He whisperes. "I love your eyes, I love your smile, I love the way you walk, I love yo-"

"Neteyam.." I smile.

"No, no, no, I'm not done yet" He replies. "I love your laugh, I love your voice.. Oh, and I really really love how you're alw-"

I kiss him again, I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him even closer then he already was. After one minute I break the kiss and stare deeply into his eyes.

"I love you" I say.

He gives me a kiss on my forehead. I always love it when he does that, I don't know why.

But then I look around, remembering that the rest of the group isn't here.

"Where is everyone?" I ask him.

"I told them to go and search for food"

"But-"

"It's okay. They promised me that they won't go far. Kiri and Lo'ak are keeping an eye on Tuk and I trust them with that"

I nod and smile. "Okay"

"And besides, I rather spend some alone time with my gilfriend then with my annoying brother who's always really grumpy in the morning" He laughs.