Chapter Sixteen: Overgrown Temple.

[A/N]: Awwh, adorable lil' guys. :)

The warm, sunny rays of the morning flooded into the chamber, softly shining through the curtains covering the windows.

Mitz gently dozed off, softly snoring, their arm being used as a pillow as they had fallen asleep at their desk.

They stirred in their sleep, now softly groaning as they blinked their eyes open, lifting their head from their desk.

"Wh-... Huh..?"

They groggily looked around, then down, towards the pages of the book left on the desk.

Briefly reading over it, it took them a while before remembering what they had been doing last night.

"Oh.. Right."

Mitz shut the book closed, shoving it into some random drawer of the desk, before getting up and stretching.

It had been only a couple days since their near-death experience encounter with Cleo and Amos, which resulted in both of their untimely deaths.

Of course, it had been hard to wrap their head around the fact that both them and Shamura were merely inches away from deaths door that night.

...

..Shamura... Right.

Mitz found it hard to forget that slight meltdown they witnessed them have that night.

It still just felt.. Odd.. Strange to see them in such a vulnerable state.

And what they said...

Did they really like them that much?? I mean, of course Mitz knew they were friends, but they never expected to be such close friends.

No-.. They didn't say like... They said... Love..

...

That was such a silly idea. Mitz couldn't help but feel a little ashamed of themself for even thinking such a thing.

Love was meant for the fool, not for such a deity as Shamura.

There was no way in divinity they actually meant what they said, perhaps they meant it some other way.

After all, it's blasphemous to even imagine them together. It's rare enough as it is for two gods to even HAVE such a good friendship.

Let alone relationship...

...

Mitz knew this was an awful idea.

And yet... They couldn't get the idea off of their mind.

They knew Shamura themself would be disgusted with such a heretical idea, let alone a thought of it.

So why shouldn't they themself be disgusted by it, as well?

...Unless they were.. Actually a little willing to try it...?

No. They knew that this was just setting themself up for failure. Shamura would be very disappointed in them for even thinking such a thing.

They couldn't just lose their only friend to such a silly, stupid thought.

So... Why were they so infatuated with the idea of it?

I mean, after all... The two of them had already grown close.. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary-

No. They were both gods. Shamura is a powerful, respected deity, not some dumb childish crush for you to gush over.