Chapter Seven: Search Party.

[A/N]: Now I know you might ask: "Bobux, where the fuck were you."

That's simple, I was editing this entire book to suit my new writing style.

Further notes are in my community post!!

Spring had now fully bloomed, Darkwood was now at its best.

The flowers were blossoming, a sweet aroma filled the air around.

Now was the perfect opportunity for Mitz to give their ally a proper introduction to Darkwood.

They had invited Shamura to come visit them today, and had purposefully put off all of their duties just for this moment.

They were excited to spend some more time with the other, to say the least.

In fact, they had the whole route planned, and what they were going to show to Shamura.

Smiling to themself over their well thought out plan, they smoothened out their appearance once more.

Fidgeting with brushing their tails, they were interrupted by footsteps sounding outside the door.

Stepping closer and sliding it open, they were greeted by the bow of a small doe.

"Great leader, the crowned Shamura has arrived, and requests your presence immediately."

"Good, now please send to the kitchen for some tea."

Nodding, the follower scurried off, leaving their sight at once.

Exiting their chambers, they turned to the right, making their way past the eastern side of the temple.

Walking past the empty halls, they slowly made their way to the courtyard.

Sliding open the doors, they expected to see the violet spider waiting for them near the fountain.

...And yet nobody was there.

Confused, they stepped closer, looking around for them.

"Mitz."

Jumping, they quickly spun around from the sudden spook.

Shamura stepped out of the shadows, making themself visible to the startled god.

"Fuck... You seriously need to stop doing that, Shamura."

They didn't even make an attempt to watch their profanity.

"Apologies..."

"It's fine, but how in the world did you find such a way to sneak up on me as such?"

Ignoring their question, Shamura instead only kept quiet, before changing subjects.

"I'm afraid I will have to cancel our plans today, there's-"

"WHAT?!"

Lowering their ears in frustration, Mitz gave a confused look towards Shamura, who seemed to have no reaction.

"Why?! This is all too sudden, Shamura. I had this planned weeks in advance, WEEKS!"

"If you'd let me speak, then I could explain myself." They hissed.

Going quiet almost immediately, Mitz looked away, awkwardly putting their arms behind their back.

Shamura kept quiet for a little longer, letting the silence sink in just a tad more.

"This morning, one of my most skilled cartographers went missing."

"...I don't mean to sound rude, however... You could just replace them, could you not?"