Chapter Eight: Fight Pit.

[A/N]: Origin of the fight pit doctrine I guess. Haha.

//

Echoes disrupted the eery silence of the long, stone corridor, the echoing of footsteps shuffling down the hall.

A ram, frantically making his way towards the end, raced past the lone cultists left within the hallway.

What made him stand out so much was the crown sitting upon his brow, bearing a cyan tinted eye on it's front.

Taking a long pause when reaching the end, he wheezed out heavy breathing, drawing the attention of another figure close by.

It was a vastly shorter, green chameleon. Upon their head sat a crown much similar to the ram's, however its eye was colored lime.

"Amos, what is the meaning of such an intrusion?" They hissed out, in anger.

"Huff... It's to do with... Huff, the neighboring..."

The ram, now being identified as Amos, continued taking heavy breaths, gasping for air.

The other god merely sighed in response, before patiently stepping closer towards Amos.

"The neighboring gods, you say?"

He nodded.

"And... Which one are has you so worked up?"

"The fox... The lucky one?" Amos's tone indicated that he couldn't bother to remember their name.

"Are you speaking of Mitz?"

He nodded in response, earning a stifled chuckle from the chameleon.

"This isn't any laughing matter... They have an ally this time around."

"Oh? And which god has decided to take pity on them?"

Amos pondered for a little, before responding to the question.

"My spies have told me that it's some random from a faraway land. Bearing a violet crown of some sort."

"Haven't heard of them." They seemed uninterested now.

Earning an irritated huff from Amos, the chameleon again chuckled in response.

"No, this is serious! They've... They've gotten Hina."

Immediately turning back to face him, they seemed a little shocked.

"...Pardon?"

"The fox and their ally have successfully taken down Hina."

The chameleon kept quiet, whilst turning their gaze to the ground, keeping their head held low in thought.

Amos did not make any further comment, instead peering towards their face, trying to read their expression.

"Tell me... What intel has your followers gained so far?"

//

The warm, summer rays of sun gleamed down, and streamed through the windows.

Mitz sat in an arm chair, lazily waving the fan towards themself.

They leaned closer toward the desk, looking over the draft Shamura was writing.

Shamura had been working on a new doctrine, one designed to have a solution to the sudden influx in dissenters, recently.

Mitz had invited them to come over to the temple, and they could "help" them write it.