I Regret, Her Dear Diary

Chapter 1:

A rainy night...

11:53pm. (???'s pov)

At Korea's biggest enterprises.
(???hits)

As I sit at my desk, my eyes are fixed on the window in front of me. I enjoy watching the clouds and the rain. I love it when the weather is stormy. With a smile on my face.

I gaze at the sky, finding both peace and a touch of sadness

I gaze at the sky, finding both peace and a touch of sadness. Suddenly, I hear a knock on my door. I turn my chair to face the door, wondering who could be here at this hour. Didn't everyone leave already?

The office feels empty. I thought everybody had already left. I look towards the door as an employee walks in.

Employee: Sir, aren't you going home?

???: I'll be going home soon. What are you doing here?

Employee: I was about to leave, but I noticed your office light was still on, so I thought you were here.

???: Hmm, you can go. I'll close the office and then head home.

Employee: Good evening, sir.

The employee nods slightly to greet me, and I turn my chair back towards the window.

I don't want to be the person I am right now or have been all this time. I truly want to change my attitude. I never want to be rude, but sometimes it happens unintentionally. That's what I regret the most.

???: Wait! What were you doing here until now? Why didn't you leave with the others?

I furrow my brows slightly.

Employee: Sir, you told us not to leave before completing our work, so I was finishing up the file I was working on.

???: Oh...

I curse myself silently.

???: Fine, you can leave.

He looks at me once more and exits the room.

???: Are you kidding me? You really asked him that, even though you were the one who assigned him the task.

I mutter to myself and then gaze out the window. Soon, I catch a glimpse of something in the mirror as a tear rolls down my cheek.

I... I love it when it rains. That way, I won't be left crying all alone.

Gathering my courage and my belongings, I get ready to go home. However, my knees feel weak as I think about going there, especially when it's raining. I hate my home. Cause it's right infront of-, anyways.

After taking a moment to relax, I pick up my car keys once again, ready to head home.

As I drove through the rain-soaked streets, the sound of raindrops hitting the windshield created a calming atmosphere. The wipers moved back and forth, matching my thoughts, and I felt a sense of peace despite the storm.