𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 10

Începe de la început

"What y'all was talkin' about? You good?" He looked up at Syn with low red eyes before diverting his attention back onto the blunt he began to roll.

"I'm good, we had a little talk about the ghosting situation. Similar to the talk you and I had."

"That's good, she missed yo lil ass she kept whining about you not giving her attention." He shook his head. He never came across two exes that got along as much as they did.

The two women never had issues with insecurity or distrust when it came to each other. They set boundaries and respected them.

Syn thanked god she never had to worry about Malachi double backing to his baby's mother and vice verse. Ivy knew their relationship was over and wasn't the type to force something that was no longer there and that was hard to come by.

She carried the utmost respect for Syn and Syn retained the utmost respect for her before their whole situation happened but nothing altered.

They would bounce back and Mook knew it.

"How's the food, shouldn't you be in there helping?" Syn wondered.

He shook his head quickly, "I tried but I burned the noodles so I left it up to them."

"Oh, so that's why it smelt like that. That's ludicrous Kason ."

Mook gave her the side eye, "Don't be calling me by my middle name and shit. Quit playin' wit' me lil girl."

Both of them laughed before the room went awkwardly silent. Syn wanted to scratch her eyeballs out or run and hide somewhere far away from that man.

She knew whenever the two were alone it would lead to unwanted things surfacing.

"How have you been since the—"

"Miscarriage?" Syn finished off his question.

"Yeah, I know it's been a while but three and a half years is not that ago. We didn't get to speak much on it."

Syn felt herself go back to that day when her life changed for the better and worse, "Um..." she stopped her train of thought.

She knew if she tried to speak she would cry and she didn't want to cry. Syn had to give herself time before trying to speak again.

No one knew besides them two.

Yes, it had been years since it occurred but it still played back and forth in her head Whatever she had her days where she felt down and out of it. It usually hit her whenever she would be alone for longer periods than normal.

It's another reason why she liked to stay busy.

Malachi rubbed her back as the tears freely fell from her face uncontrollably, "It'll be okay mamas, I'm sorry I probably shouldn't have brought it up, I apologize..."

"No, I needed to talk about it sooner or later. I've been okay, I'm still not one hundred percent myself yet but I'm getting there. It still hurts."

"Yeah, I know how you feel. I was so happy when you told me during our trip to Cali then I just happened to get locked up and put all that stress on you. I know it's my fault for you miscarrying and I can own up to that." Malachi had lost all interest in the blunts he was rolling and instead, he pushed the tray off to the side.

His heart was heavy and he held so much guilt.

When wrote him a letter instead of waiting for him to call her like normal he knew something serious had happened.

The paper was stained with tears and slightly disheveled. He immediately knew it was either bad news about someone or she was leaving him.

"Don't say that, it wasn't your fault, things happen for a reason. It just wasn't our time to have a baby yet."