chapter 21

Lumma’s eyes widened in surprise at Adam’s request. “Mr. Hills, are you sure you want to learn cooking?”

As a man of noble status, Adam could order the chef to cook whatever he wanted to eat. There was no need for him to cook in person.

But Adam said in a serious voice, “I want to learn some home dishes. I’ll cook them for my wife some other day.”

It turned out that he was going to cook for his wife.

Lumma guessed that Adam might want to express his love for his wife in such an ordinary way.

No matter how rich and powerful Adam was, at least, he was a normal man with normal thoughts. He wanted to make peace with his beloved woman.

Luma really hoped that Adam’s wife could forgive Adam and live a happy life with him. “Mr. Hills, you have to tell me what kind of food your wife loves best.”

Her bright eyes were full of smiles. Adam could tell that Lumma was very happy. She was happy for

Adam’s wife whom she didn’t know at all.

Lumma was happy because Adam loved his wife, which meant Lumma didn’t have any feelings for

Adam at all.

Adam felt disappointed and said, “Then what do you love?”

Lumma waved her hand and said, “No, you can’t learn cooking according to my taste. I love spicy

food, but not everyone loves it.”

It turned out that Lumma liked spicy food. Adam didn’t know it until they had been married for

almost two years.

Adam felt guilty and said in a deeper voice, “My wife is also from Soothy City. She has the same

taste as you.”

I see.”

“oh, turned out that Adam’s wife was also from Soothy City, so Lumma was more

confident because she was good at cooking special dishes from Soothy City. “OK, I’ll write some formulas that my grandmother taught me. I’m sure you’ll learn them well and make your wife happy.”

“I want to learn it now,” Adam said.

“Mr. Hills, you’d better have some soup first and go to bed early. Your stomach needs a rest.” Lumma looked Adam up and down. Was he out of his mind?

Adam was still sick. He couldn’t learn cooking now.

“I’m fine,” Adam said.

His face was so pale, and he didn’t seem to be fine. He was so stubborn.

Lumma was angry because Adam didn’t take his own health seriously. He always felt that he could do whatever he wanted since he was still young. Lumma persuaded Adam, “Mr. Hills, even if you don’t care about yourself, you should care about your wife. If you get sick, she will definitely bet worried and sad. Do you want to see her worry about your health every day?”

If Lumma and her husband, Lucas, were a normal couple and Lucas didn’t care about his health and was busy with work like Adam, Lumma would definitely scold Lucas.

She wanted her husband to know that since they got married, they must keep healthy for the family.

But fortunately, she didn’t have to worry about Lucas.

“Will you worry about me?” Adam asked.

Lumma nodded affirmatively, “Of course, I will.”

Adam was her boss and her salary was paid by him. If Adam fell ill, Lumma would lose her job. Then how could she get money to pay the loan?