chapter 2

Simon laughed. “It’s the first time I was rejected for such an ingenious reason.”

Lumma smiled. “Should I feel honored?”

Simon said, “The more you are like this, the more interested I am in you

“The more you are like this, the more I dislike you.” Lumma stopped smiling and said solemnly, “Mr. Mills, I have no interest in you. Don’t waste your time on me.”

Simon was amused by Lumma’s remarks. “Lumma, you are quite similar to Adamn. You are embarrassingly straightforward and never care about others’ feelings when you reject them.”

Lumma said, “I don’t think you feel embarrassed.”

Simon was speechless.

How could that be?

Simon lost to Lumma in the debate.

“As a host, you don’t entertain guests but hide here and chat with my assistant.”

There came Adam’s deep voice behind them.

Lumma turned and saw Adam standing a few steps behind them. She didn’t know how long he had been there and what he had heard.

Her arrogance disappeared in an instant, and she obediently walked to him, “Mr. Hills…”

Lumma became obedient in an instant. Simon found it even more amusing. “Adam, your always bullies me. You should teach her a lesson.”

assistant

“Have you bullied Mr. Mills?” Adam questioned in a cold voice, but a smile touched the corners of

his mouth.

“I haven’t.” Lumma shook her head. “How dare I bully Mr. Mills in his territory?”

Simon didn’t mind causing trouble. “Adam, do you believe her or me?”

“You are the host, and she is the guest.” Adam didn’t say who he believed, but the meaning in his words was obvious. Even if Lumma bullied Simon, as the host, Simon had to bear it.

Simon clicked his tongue. “Adam, you have changed. You value your lover more than friends.”

“How could that be?” Stewart came over with a glass of wine and joined the chat.

When Stewart sw Lumma, he became slightly sullen. “Why are you here?”

Lumma didn’t know what to say.

She hadn’t offended Stewart. Every time they met, he was unfriendly. Lumma didn’t know what she

owed him.

Adam raised his eyebrow. “Do I have to ask your opinion on who should come here with me?”

Stewart smiled awkwardly. “Adam, that’s not what I meant.”

Simon smoothed things over. “Stewart, since you’re here, let’s have a drink.”

“Mr. Hills, you can’t drink tonight.” Adam just stopped taking medicine. Before Adam went to the banquet, Laura called Lumma a few times, telling her not to allow Adam to drink. Lumma also knew

that and dared not to be careless.

Simon clicked his tongue again. “Adam, why is your assistant as strict as your wife?”

Lumma glared at him. “Mr. Mills, no one will think you are dumb if you don’t talk nonsense.”

Simon said, “Adam, look, she bullied me again.”