chapter 20

“OK, thank you, old Mr. White.” Lumma took off her coat, rolled up her sleeves, and was about to grill the meat.

Unexpectedly, Adam did this job first. He picked up the clip and put the sliced beef pieces on the grill one by one. “You always do such jobs for me. It’s my turn to serve you.”

Lumma hurriedly said, “Mr. Hills, you can’t…”

“You are my wife. What’s the problem with it?” Adam interrupted Lumma in time. Lumma thought Adam interrupted her in time because he was worried that she might spill the beans.

Old Mr. White said with a smile, “The way you call each other is so interesting. People who don’t know you might think you are his subordinate.”

Lumma was speechless.

She was just Adam’s assistant.

Adam smiled, “She’s shy. Don’t laugh at her.”

“Good. You should always protect her.” Old Mr. White filled their glasses. “Let’s cheer first. I wish you a happy life.”

Adam raised his glass and said, “Thank you for your best wish.”

Lumma also raised her glass.

After drinking the wine, Adam cut the roasted meat into small pieces and put them on the plates of

Lumma and old Mr. White.

Since he said that he would do all these jobs today, Lumma didn’t refuse. She wrapped the roast meat with lettuce and began to eat it.

Old Mr. White was old and didn’t eat much, but Lumma’s gobbling made his appetite much better.

The three of them sat around the barbecue grill, eating, drinking, and talking. From their conversation, Lumma learned that Adam had gotten lost when he was very young and was saved by old Mr. White, who was on a business trip in Red Pine City.

It was from that time that the old and the young, with a huge age gap, had become friends. Since then, old Mr. White had played a very important role in Adam’s life.

Lumma also learned that the only child of old Mr. White died of illness last year, and his granddaughter was busy with work and could only come back to visit him on holidays.

Old Mr. White smiled and said that he could understand that his granddaughter was busy with her work and couldn’t often go home to see him, but Lumma still didn’t ignore the disappointment in

Get Bor

the old man’s eyes when he said this.

Lumma’s grandmother was always like this. Her grandmother asked her to take good care of herself and not to get too tired every time they talked on the phone, but the old woman rarely asked Lumma to go home to see her.

People should take care of the old in the family. However, when the children grew up, especially when they got married and had their own children, they would ignore that the elders still needed.

their care.

“What’s wrong?” Adam’s low voice woke Lumma up. Lumma smiled and said, “Nothing. I’m listening to you chatting.”

Adam could tell that Lumma was in a low mood, but he didn’t ask more. He took her glass and drank it up. “Don’t drink anymore.”

Lumma was speechless.

It was just a show. Adam didn’t have to use the glass she had used.

Old Mr. White said with a smile, “I didn’t expect to see you protect a woman.”