XXXII. End of my Death Flag

Start from the beginning

"Ciel, your brother is here!"

When I was about to ask what was that about, Isaac, who heard the news belatedly, rushed in and opened the door without knocking. A subtle change in tension flowed through the room.

The situation of holding hands and facing each other was embarrassing[3]. I shook off Alex's hand and stepped back.

"What– what, Your Highness, what were you doing with my Ciel?"

"No! What do you mean? We did nothing!"

"Ciel needs rest, Lord Isaac."

Unlike me, who was embarrassed, Alex pretended as if nothing had happened. But Isaac didn't let it slide.

"What have you done to my brother?"

"We didn't do anything!"

Isaac's hand turned towards the sword on his waist. No matter how strong Alex was, my brother was no less than him.

In other words, in a one-on-one match, I can't be sure which of the two will win, but just as things were about to get out of hand, Theo and Clara came back to my room.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Ciel's still a patient. Stop it, both of you!"

Hooray for common sense. Yeah, I was still a patient. I expected it from Isaac, but Alex's outburst completely shattered my expectations.

So what you meant wasn't the "I like you" I know, but "I like you" in a different sense?

No way. That couldn't be true. I was sure he just thinks of me as a little brother, right? I shook my head hard, thinking about it would only give me a headache.

"Brother! This, this scoundrel! To our fragile Ciel!"

"Show some respect to the Crown Prince. Forgive my brother for his rudeness, Your Highness."

Theo immediately stopped Issac's misbehavior. Fortunately, Alex didn't insist and politely arranged the situation.

"I'm fine, Ciel seems startled, so put your sword away, Lord Isaac."

"Isaac, if you keep doing that, I'll hate you."

When I used a special move that I rarely use, Isaac quietly put his sword in his hilt and came to my side, kneeling down on his knees.

"Ciel, my prince. I'm sorry. Were you surprised?"

"You don't listen to what I'm saying, you point your sword at the Crown Prince, brother is bad."

As I turned my back on him, covering myself with blankets, Isaac was at a loss with a face that seemed as if the sky had collapsed.

'Cringe. Ah I'll stop my acting if I already remove my Death Flag.'

If there ever comes a day when these two people really face each other with swords, it'll mean the destruction of the Valentines.

So even if I never get angry, I couldn't just let it go. Theo eventually apologized for him, as he was enraged 'til the top of his head.

"My brother cares about our little brother deeply, so I hope you understand."

"I know that. I will continue to make efforts to be recognized by Lord Isaac."

What a strange thing to say. Getting recognized. I was about to ask what he meant, but I suddenly remembered.

Oh, that's right. I was quite clear with Theo the last time.

'Alex proposed to me, so don't doubt Clara's friendship with him.'

I didn't even think that the two of you would ever meet and talk like this.