𝐎𝐍𝐄: Rekindling

Depuis le début

"Only if I can ask you a question." I nod "why doesn't dad talk to me anymore? You promised that the divorce wouldn't change anything." I look away from her eyes and down at the floor.

"Daddy's just been..busy. Why don't you get ready for bed it's really late." She nods and walks away. I can tell she's hurt by my answer but she'd be more hurt if she knew that her dad started a new family without her. I hate seeing my baby cry.

Me and Mark had a terrible relationship, it was abusive, but Moon didn't know that. Since I was the one making the money and worked from home we were home alone together all the time. When she was at school he would beat me black and blue and tell Moon that I wasn't feeling well and had to stay in my room. He stopped in the last years of our marriage but it wasn't enough.

I go upstairs to my room and brush my teeth. I strip from my clothes and jump in the shower. Once I'm out I put my pajamas on. My phone dings. I pick it up and look at my messages.

Unknown
Hey, sapphire.

I chuckle at his message because I don't need a name to know that it's him. I make a contact for him and reply to his text message.
Me
Hello Mr. Caruso. Why are
You texting so late?
Marciano
Wanted to make sure this was
the right number.

How did he get my number? From Shawn? Wouldn't he have thought that was weird?
Me
How did you get my
number, Dominic?
Marciano
I told your brother that I was putting
a girl's number in his phone and put
your number in.

So he lied.

Me
I'll talk to you tomorrow I'm tired.
Marciano
One more thing.
Me
Yes?

Marciano
Who's Moon?

MarcianoWho's  Moon?

Diamond..my sapphire. She got the name because when We were younger her favorite color was blue. But now that we're older it's because of her serenity now. She wasn't like that years ago. She was angry at the world. I don't blame her. There was a point when I was like that. She got through it though. A part of me still hates the world because of the people that occupy it. I've dealt with a lot of rapist, child molesters, and abusers. The more I see the more I hate everything.