𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐑 𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄

┌─────── ⋆⋅☀︎⋅⋆ ───────┐

"𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄
 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄,
 𝐌𝐘 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐒:
𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐖."

└─────── ⋆⋅☀︎⋅⋆ ───────┘

ATALANTA BRANNON knew one thing to be true: she was destined to die. 

Her thread had been spun, its length predetermined. All that remained was for it to be cut, for her to be snipped from existence.

Prophecies and fate.

What great impact a few rhythmic lines could have. Spoken to Atalanta at a young age, she became consumed by those words, engulfed in a shadowy mist that shielded her from all that was light.

Eclipsed, she was buried in darkness beneath her insurmountable demise. 

Her heart was a broken clock as she waited for the day it would stop ticking. Each painstaking hour bled into the next, each year another reminder that she was closer to her end. 

Time became her greatest enemy.

Her brothers and sisters of cabin seven urged her to look on the bright side: a life cut short was often indicative of a heroic death⏤perhaps it signified a display of great bravery.

But Atalanta didn't believe in a benevolent Oracle. She believed half-bloods were the laughing stock of the gods and it was only a matter of time before she was the butt of a joke. She didn't see the prophecy as an honor or a good omen. You see, despite being a child of Apollo, Atalanta had never been an optimist⏤inside her lived a great darkness that cast long shadows, reaching out like fingers to pull her into the abyss that is self-doubt.

She had none of the qualities of a hero, nothing that made her stand out amongst her own. She was a mediocre shot with a bow and arrow, was about as lyrical as a rock, and applying a bandage was the extent of her healing abilities. Top it all off with her sunny personality and she was the pinnacle of Apollo's disappointment. 

She wasn't a savior. 

In fact, the more people she tried to save, the more they slipped from her grasp. Her actions were never enough. She was never enough. No amount of heroic quests could reverse the destruction she was destined to unleash. She feared the day she would rise and fall like the sun, obliterating all that was unfortunate enough to cross her path.

So call it what you want, but Atalanta considered the prophecy to be a curse.

That is, until she met Percy Jackson.

┌─────── ⋆⋅☀︎⋅⋆ ───────┐

"𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔."

└─────── ⋆⋅☀︎⋅⋆ ───────┘