"Mads this is amazing!" he lifted her in the air, spinning her around. He placed her back on the ground and quickly swiped the CD from her hands. "We've got to listen to this right now," he slipped it into the player and lovesick started playing first.

Lucas pulled her into his arms and started dancing with her to her song. 

The smile on her face never left.

'Cause I believe that we were supposed to find thise,
So even in another life,
You still would've been mine, we would've been timeless

._._._.

I had to smile when it caught my eye,
There was one of a teenage couple in the driveway,
Holding hands on their way to a dance,
And the date on the back said 1958

Their converstation paused when Breathe played next. Madelyn moved to skip to the next song when Lucas pulled her to his chest.

"This is gonna sound crazy but I need you to listen to me," Lucas said.

"Always," she nodded.

"When I was in the hospital, I saw Keith. A-and he showed me that day and- I don't think Jimmy killed Keith."

"Well who do you think did?" she asked softly.

"I don't know," he shook his head in frustration.

"You know it's okay to not know, right? Sometimes things can be revealed on their own," she leaned up and kissed him.

"I love you, Madelyn Peters," he whispered, "I love you so much it's crazy."

Tears filled her eyes as she grinned, "I love you so much too, Lucas Scott." 

Which brought be back to the first time I saw you,
Time stood still like something in this old shop,
I thought about it as I started looking 'round at these precious things that time forgot

._._._.

That's when I came upon a book covered in cobwebs,
Story of a romance torn apart by fate,
Hundreds of years ago they fell in love like we did,
And I'd die for you in the same way,

Lucas sat up from the couch at the smell filling the apartment. Staying still for a moment, he watched as Madelyn made more cookie dough while singing quietly to herself.

"My head is yelling that I could get hurt, but I'm gonna jump right in, baby with my heartfirst," she sang.

"Smells good," Lucas spoke up.

Madelyn jumped, tossing some flour onto herself and the ground.

"Don't do that," she clutched her chest.

"Sorry," he laughed, walking over to her. "Your making cookies?" he looked at the pan sitting on the stove.

"Don't-" she tried to stop him but he grabbed and quickly dropped a hot cookie, "I just took those out of the oven," she tried to hide her laugh.

"You think that's funny?" he asked, moving to trap her between him and the counter.

"Yes," she laughed.