Goodbye And Hello

April 16 1746(Jamie's pov)
"Claire, the battle of Culloden will happen today, you need to go to safety," I say.
"What do you mean?" She asks.
"You have to go to the stones, to a safe place and man,"
"No, Jamie , I will stay here with you please," she says holding Faith's hand.
"No! It's not safe here! Not for you and not for Faith,"
"If I had gone to the stake at Cranesmuir with Geillis, would you have left me?" She asks upset.
"Left you? I would've gone to the stake with ye, but Claire we didn't have a child back and you're pregnant now, so you gotta go," I say holding her hand tight.
"What? How did you know that? It's far too early!" She says.
"Sassenach, you haven't ever been late on your courses and ever since you first took me to yer bed, but it's been three months now," I say smiling.
"You kept track? In the middle of this bloody war, you kept track?"
"Aye, how long have you known?" I ask.
"Not long, I wanted to surprise you after Culloden," she says.
"But Claire ye have to go, for the bairns please," I say grabbing her arm now.
I lift Faith on a horse and put Claire behind her. And climb on my own.

April 16 1746 (Claires pov)
We're standing at Craigh na dun.
"Claire! You have to go come now! Jamie says in a hurry.
"No, Jamie please! I don't want to leave you please!" I say in tears
"Claire, ye have to, for the bairns," Jamie practically begged me.
"Jamie, I want to stay with you, forever. I need you to be happy, our children need their father,"
"Claire, I canna take care of ye when I'm dead, you'll be a wife of a traitor, you'll get killed. And if there is a possibility that I do not die on Culloden, I will get arrested afterwards and get hanged then, I will be a dead man," Jamie says
I sighed, looking at my wee lass Faith.
"But Jamie, we can go to Lallybroch, and you'll return to me and we can raise our children together,"
"Claire! I will die today, so I'm begging ye! For the sake of our children," Jamie said.
I felt a little tug at my skirt, and heard a voice say: "Mama, when we go home?"
"Soon Faith, actually now, come on let's go," I said while walking towards the road going to Lallybroch.
"No! Claire, don't make it so hard please!" Jamie said.
"Da! Come with us," wee Faith giggled.
"Oh my beautiful lass, come here," Jamie said opening his arms so he can lift Faith up.
"Jamie.." I said softly
Jamie looked me in my eyes and I felt my heart break, when I knew I had to, like Jamie said, for the sake of our children.
"Faith, I need ye to listen to me, you and Mommy are going to a new home, with a man who can care for you both and yer little sibling, Da will stay here and you'll live happy forever," Jamie explained.
"But Da, I wanna stay with you and Mama, together," Faith sobbed.
"I Ken my babe, but I have to protect you and yer mama, and yer sibling,"
I looked at Jamie with tears in my eyes, seeing how much he loved our wee Faith. I almost can't cry about it, because of all the love he has in his eyes, but I still have to knowing he'll never be able to do anything with his daughter and unborn child again.
"Claire, come here," Jamie said calmly like nothing is going on.
I slowly walk to him knowing it's happening now.
"Faith, please hold on to yer mother and take care of her for me aye?" Jamie said with tears in his eyes.
"I will Da! Always," she said smiling big.
"Good," Jamie said which is followed by a kiss on her head.
"Claire, I love you so much you Ken, I didna want to do this but I have to, for our bairns,"
"I know, but Jamie there has to be another way," I say.
"There isn't Claire, so please," Jamie said while kneeling down, facing my still flat belly.
"My babe, I love you so much, I know he wilna know about me, not ever, but if yer mother ever tells you about me, I love ye with all I have," Jamie said almost sobbing.
He stood up facing my again, grabbing my wrist and giving me the most intense kiss he has ever given me before, almost crushing Faith.
"I love you Faith, I love you Claire, and I love you my babe," Jamie said while he holds me and walks to the stone.
"Jamie, I love you, forever I promise," I said.
"I love ye da," Faith said almost sobbing.
"I love ye Faith and ye Claire," he said when we reached the stone.
"Goodbye, Claire, Goodbye Faith," he said while we touched the stones.