VII

"Meera, come here please I can't find my tie", Vedant said loudly, massaging his temple.

"Can you ever find something without me, huh?", commented Meera from inside of the bathroom.

Vedant replied smiling, "When I have found you why should I try to find something else!". He bit his tongue.

She walked out of the bathroom. She had tied her wet hair in a towel and was fixing her saree. She came near Vedant who was spell bounded by looking at her deadly gorgeous wife.
His eyes roaming on her slim and perfectly curved figure. Meera took a look on him and then at the cupboard. She lifted his neatly folded black shirt below which was the culprit he was finding this long.

Meera eyed Vedant and then at the tie. Her one glare and he was out of his Lalaland where all things were dreamy and wild in love.

She came closer to him and started making him wear the tie. "It has been two years since our marriage Ved and you still react like this when you see me after bathing", Meera said trying hard to suppress her smile.

It's true that he had been looking at her as if she was a fairy straight from heaven. And she couldn't control the shiver she felt at his glances, after all she couldn't resist it.

"Actually, my dear Meera, you know my wife is beautiful like a goddess. When she is close, I couldn't control. Now you only tell me that if you find a beautiful flower, would you stop looking at it. No, right. So how can I?", Vedant said. All this while his one hand gripped her waist while other poked her milky cheeks. She smiled hearing this and lowered her eyes.

"Two years then also this much shy, Meera", he teased. "Stop now", she said with a smile. "Why so? I know my Meera is loving it. I can see your cheeks painted crimson with my love." He chuckled.

She also chuckled, "oh Meera!" Vedant screamed holding her tightly. Meera had actually tightened his tie. "Okay I am sorry", exhaled Vedant. She loosened the tie and stared deeply in his eyes, showing her "fake" anger to him. "Mr Vedant Meera Sesh, now if you teased me once more, I will kill you"

"You have already killed me.", grinned Vedant. Meera chuckled hearing this. She gave him his coat and bag.

"This time it worked it won't the next time.", she warned him. He replied in a naughty tone, "I will be waiting for the next time". He winked at her.
She chuckled and waved him, "bye".

"Not this early", he said with a pout. "You have a meeting with a client in an hour, go", she said going away but as she moved, she felt a tug on her hand and she was pulled in a back hug.

"be ready fast, we will go together", he said near her ears touching it sensually with his lips. Meera was feeling so comfortable in that hug but she knew if he acted like this lover boy he would definitely get late. She unwillingly came out of her peace and said, "you go I will come later".

"But..."

"No buts Ved ", she said pushing him to the door "and please don't stay at the porch waiting for me.", she said and pushed him out of the door.

"Meera at least listen.", he was stopped in the mid with a soft kiss on his lips. "All the best, now go". She said with a smile. He also smiled and moved out. Meera smiled wide. Vedant came back, "I forgot one thing." He said and kissed her forehead sweetly and moved out of the house shyly caressing his neck.

Meera unwrapped her hair from the towel. She then applied her daily lotion and then took some kajal on her ring finger and smoothly decorated her eyelids with it. She then took a box out with different shades of lipsticks.
She placed her finger on one then on another until she found a perfect shade. She then held the safety pins between her teeth and neatly folded the plates of her saree pinning them together. Taking another pin from her teeth she clipped the sari on her shoulder.
She put a wrist watch on her wrist. A Bindi between her brows. at last, she tied her nuptial chain around her neck and the vermillion on her head. Satisfied with her look she clutched her hairs in a hairpin, took her bag and moved out of the door.

At the office room, sat two men opposite each other. One was the client, Mr Advani and the other was Vedant. Vedant smiled looking at the former. Both stood up and shook their hands sealing the deal. Mr Advani said, "will be waiting for you to complete the project.". Vedant replied nodding, "soon sir."

Mr Advani smiled and walked out of the meeting room. Vedant slouched in his chair and opened his drawer. He took out a photo and smiled weakly.

"I wish you both were here Maa and Dad. You know dad, I miss getting those complements from you , whenever I used to win something or get a prize you always patted my back. You always said, "that's my boy". And ma I miss your sweet kisses and hugs when I told you my efforts to get victory. You know without both of you my life was nothing.

But I realised I am missing you lesser now. Now I can kind of feel you around me through her, through my Meera. You know when I was attracted to her, I couldn't find the reason but now I know the cause of my love for her.
She makes me feel peace and loved like I felt with you two. She is giving me all the love I craved for years and I don't feel lonely anymore.

She makes me feel alive. I know she will never leave me. She also knows that I can't live without her so ma and dad thankyou for your blessings that you are showering on us from heaven and for sending this precious gift in my life."

His eyes glistened with tears while his lips formed a soft smile. Not wanting to wait anymore he took out his phone and sent a message to Meera.

"Where are you dear wifey? You haven't reached office yet. Come fast I have cracked the deal, my love."

He typed and sent the message. He can imagine her reading this and smiling shyly at the words "my love", then she would tuck the fellow strands of hair behind her ear and would say "pagal hai ye". Oh, he loved his shy Meera.

Suddenly his phone rang breaking his thoughts. He saw the caller id and a wide grin came to his face.

"My queen is so desperate to hear my voice, he answered the call without waiting for any other ring.
He said, "hello wifey", and rotated his comfy chair and placed his hand on his chest to slow down the raising heartbeat of his.

"Hello...
Mr Ved your wife had a major accident."