III

“Meera, how are you beta?” hearing this a shocked Meera turned around to find her Dad standing at the guest room’s door with a wide smile and hands up ready to hug her

“Meera, how are you beta?” hearing this a shocked Meera turned around to find her Dad standing at the guest room’s door with a wide smile and hands up ready to hug her. Not thinking about anything she ran to him and hugged him tightly.

“How come you here papa?”, Meera said while hugging. “You were to come on the next week.” She said parting away. “Yes, but don’t you like surprises gudiya?”, he said with a wide grin and patted her head.

“I love them papa. Achha chalo now tell me what do you like to have? But wait”, her expressions changed drastically as realisation dawned upon her, “if you are here that means you lied to me about the hospital discharge thing.”

Her father, Mr. Desai held one of his ear with his tongue out, “I am sorry”.

"Papa, you know how concerned I am about your health, and you're here making things worse. You know how worried I was when you told me that your discharge would be delayed until next week."

She began scolding him as if he was the child there, while he, like a mischievous kid, began nodding and making silly faces.

"And why are you making these funny faces? Do you believe it will work on me? You should be punished for this, and the penalty is-" she couldn't resist it any longer as her father made an odd grimace. He joined her on the couch when she giggled and fell back.

"You were saying something, Maharani Sahiba," his father laughed.

"What would you like, Pitashree?"

"Whatever you make, Putri."

"I'll be back in a half hour. Papa, it's already 8.45, so I'm preparing dinner, okay? Will you have some tea till then?"

"Fine bacha," he remarked as he kissed her on the cheek.

The dinner was not as quiet as it had normally been. Meera's father was actually pretty talkative. Laughter and applause flooded the room.
"And you know about the Jaiswals," Meera listened closely, as the Jaiswals were always an intriguing topic to discuss.

"On Friday, their son's wedding was held, and on that day, the groom went missing, and the marriage was held after one hour."

"OMG, but where had he gone?" she wondered. "you wouldnt believe, he got loose motion that day therefore he was stuck in the toilet".
Meera's laughter rang down the corridor. "He must be embarrassed." "he was"

After some time  meera's dad suddenly questioned, "Do you like someone Meera?". This unexpected inquiry made Meera's ears heated, and blush began to emerge on her cheeks. She picked up the plates and placed them in the sink. She didn't want her father to see her as a red tomato.

"Ok I understand, is absolutely 'YES'. Isn't that right? "Well, if you don't want to talk now, that's fine, but don't look away like that because I can still see your tomato-like face from the silver plate hanging there," her father joked.
"Goodnight, Gudiya," he said as he approached her and kissed her on the forehead.