7

(Y/N) nodded off, resting their head on Max's shoulder. He didn't mind, though, because he was in a somewhat better mood now that he had realized that there was nothing he could do about the issue. He occasionally looked down at (Y/N) to see if they were still asleep or had awakened. Goofy notices the two of them but decides not to say anything. Max didn't want to wake them up so they wouldn't be bored like he was, but he had to keep you three alive as Goofy swerved towards oncoming traffic with the map in front of his face once more.

Max jerked the steering wheel back into the right lane, jolting (Y/N) awake. "Dad! You're gonna get us killed! (Y/N) is in here too you know!" Max chastised, inhaling deeply. "Why don't you just give me the map?" He asked, still clutching the steering wheel and bending over (Y/N). (Y/N) observe the car continues to veer into oncoming traffic and place their hand over Max's, turning the wheel back to their lane. When Max felt their smooth touch on his, he stared at them with interest. "Oh no thanks son. Navigation is a big responsibility. Now sit back down, you're squeezing (Y/N) into their seat." As he put his map away, Goofy said.

Max reddened slightly and sat down, "My bad (Y/N)." They smiled and shook their heads, "Don't worry about it, Max." They stated. "So, uh, sleep well?" Max asked, nodding. He inquired. "Uh good," (Y/N) flushed. "Thank you for inquiring..." They replied meekly. He nodded and grinned at them, saying, "No problem."

Then Goofy drove into a restaurant called Lester's. "Its even better than I remembered!" Goofy stated. (Y/N) and Max exchanged glances, "Uh, you know what. It looks nice, but Max and I would rather stay in the car..." (Y/N) stated anxiously that they were getting foul vibrations from that location and that it did not match their style. "Nonsense! Ah-yuck! Come on, this is gonna be fun!" Goofy said as he walked inside. (Y/N) gave Max a feeble smile and remarked, "Let's power through this alright." He sighed and walked away, leaving the door wide for them. (Y/N) shut the door and followed him inside, their eyes widening slightly when they beheld the animatronics nightmare. The grinding of gears made them cringe.

(Y/N) and Max were dragged forward to sit beside Goofy. The whole thing was horrible and cringy. When it was finally over, (Y/N) and Max breathed a sigh of relief and strolled out to see Goofy purchasing possum hats for the three of you. "Hello, there little buddies!" The youngsters turned away from the enormous possum, not wanting to deal with another possum. "Aawwwweee! Who's your favorite possum?!" He yelled, getting too close for comfort to the two. "Don't touch us," As (Y/N) stepped behind him, Max said, his gaze fixed on the possum. "Awe, why such a long face? You're so sad!" The possum said this while weeping.

"Max, let's just walk away." (Y/N) spoke to him in hushed tones. Before the Possum appeared, Max nodded and took their hand in his. "I know! You need a big hug from Lester!"Max returns his stare as he walks by him. "Don't touch us." He issued a warning. Lester then grabbed each of their feet and embraced them fiercely. Max slapped his mask so hard that it twirled around when he set the two down. "Beat it!" He grumbled. Lester walked away, only to be attacked by the hyperactive children.

Max caught sight of his dad and said, "Oh no Dad! No please!" Before Goofy put the ugly possum hat on his head and then (Y/N)'s, he begged. They cringed, realizing how uncomfortable it was and how it didn't match their current fashion style and clothing. "Oh..." Goofy said, slightly frowning. (Y/N) is taken aback by Goofy's expression. So they took it off and messed up their hair, only slightly correcting it before putting the headgear back on. "Well, it looks great on you!" exclaimed Goofy with a grin, he said. They laughed as their hair fell free for the first time in two years, something Max hadn't seen in two years.

"Wow," he said, wide-eyed at them. "Your hair has grown a lot." Max made a remark. "Yeah, I figure it'd look better on me, and I don't bother cutting it." With a shrug, (Y/N) stated. The teenagers hadn't noticed Goofy over with actual possums, photographing them while they talked. The next thing you knew, a possum was in Max's shirt. As Max struggled to remove the animal out of his clothes, music began to play. After that, Goofy began dancing with him, much to the delight of (Y/N). They feel horrible for Max since he appears humiliated, so when Goofy lets Max go halfway through the dance, (Y/N) grabs Max's hand. He looked at them dizzily, and they smiled, dancing to the music with him.

Max danced with (Y/N) as well, amusedly smiling at them. When the song ended, the two giggled quietly to themselves. They then noticed people laughing at you two. (Y/N) frowned as a young boy yelled, "It's the DORK SQUAD!" And the laughter grew louder. Max yanked (Y/N) through the mob and to the car, removing his hat. They rapidly pursued him, causing the hat to come off. When the door was locked, Max yanked on the handle and growled, dragging them to the road while holding his thumb out. "Max?" Goofy called, walking to the two. "What are you trying to do?" He asked, putting his hand on his son's shoulder. "Trying to get us away from you!" Max stated this as he yanked his shoulder away from Goofy and yanked (Y/N) back to the automobile.

"What did I do?" Goofy asked. "Whatever," Max moaned. Before following, (Y/N) apologizes to Goofy. "I thought we were having fun! What's the matter?" Goofy inquired. Max failed yet again to open the door and crossed his arms, letting go of (Y/N)'s hand.

"Nothing, let's just go," Max muttered. Goofy was simply standing there. "Come on!" Goofy unlocked the door, and (Y/N) entered, with Max following and slamming the door. When Goofy entered, he handed out both of their hats. "You forgot your hats..." He stated. Max took it from his father's grasp and began yelling about how horrible the vacation had been while mangling the caps and attempting to toss them out the window. (Y/N) gently took Max's caps and tossed them in the back seat.

"Calm down, Max," they advised. Max snorted and closed his mouth hard, furious silently.