6 ~ School Festivities

You woke up to find you were sleeping in your uniform, luckily you had a spare. Today was the day of the school festival and you were looking for the rock you were going to submit. You felt something hard in your pocket and that's when you remembered it was in there. 'Who even came up with this rock show idea.' you thought while putting on your other uniform. You decided to skip breakfast since most of the classes were doing mini-cafes and you could just eat there.

As you rushed to school you noticed nobody was walking, which was strange because you didn't even see Kaidou and he usually walks this way on purpose. 'Am i late?' you thought as you could hear cheers and yelling in the distance. Everyone decided to come to school early to set up and do some quick viewing. "Y/N!" Someone called your name as you walked into the building, it was Hairo. "Did you submit your rock yet? We're still missing a few," he said happily. "I'm going to submit it right now, thanks for the reminder!" you said trying to match his energy but you were too tired.

You rushed through the crowds of people and finally made it to class, but you dropped the rock on the way. 'How unfortunate.' Saiki said as you glared at him, you reached into your pocket and apported some change for it. "What did you submit?" you asked while placing the heart shaped rock onto an empty viewing space. Everything was supposed to be anonymous for the voting. 'I didn't participate.' he said but you knew he was lying, he probably submitted the regular rock in the back, it was too normal to be here. "Wanna go check out some of the cafes?" you asked whiling grabbing his wrist and dragging him along before he could answer.

"This one seems nice," you mumbled as you pulled him into the barely-populated classroom. Only a few other 'customers' were in there. "Is it just the two of you?" Someone asked as you nodded. "Please take a seat over here," he said while pulling out the chair for you and placing down 2 menus. Saiki had to pull out his own chair and was visibly annoyed at the amount of attention you received from the male waiter.

After a few minutes the waiter came back and Saiki ordered for both of us. '1 coffee jelly and a (dessert).' he said as you blushed noticing he remembered your order. "You order and I pay!" you said with a smile before searching your pockets for some cash. 'Looking for this I assume?' Saiki said while holding up your wallet, "How did you even get that? Give it back Saiki." you demanded as he brought out his own wallet. 'It's Kusuo remember? And I will be paying.' You decided to let him pay, it's not like you could do anything about it.

The two of you sat in silence while eating, you could hear the thoughts of Kaidou and Aren approaching as you were getting up. "We should go now, I think the judging will start soon." Saiki stood up and put his hands in his pockets, 'Here's your wallet.' he said while getting out of sight from the door. You followed him and waited for them to pass by, "let's go?" you asked as he nodded.

Before you reached your classroom Saiki decided to take a break and go into the restroom. "I'll just go to class," you said as he shrugged and went in. It wasn't long before you heard his voice in your head, 'there was an accident...' he telepathically communicated with you but you cut him off, 'you need new pants?' you retorted while exiting the classroom and attempting to hide away. 'It's Nendou, he's been turned to stone.' 'Just submit it to the contest' was all you said as you seen Nendou's look-alike go into the boys restroom. You didn't have time to warn Saiki about it before you seen her carrying the statue out. 'Is that.. his twin?' 'No it's his mom you idiot.' 'She looks so young, wait why is she carrying it?'

You waited for Saiki to exit the restroom before going up. "The judging just started, let's hurry." you said while jogging towards the classroom, 'its not that big of a deal.' Saiki remarked while speed-walking to catch up with you. You walked in before him, just in time to see the statue in the process of falling. You could hear someone yell as you used your enhanced-speed to dive under it and save it. You could hear a few whispered as there was a loud cracking sound. "It broke!" "Did Y/N make the statue?" "The eyesore is finally gone." those were just a few of the remarks, 'you're all fucking idiots, that was my back.' you thought while wiggling around beneath the statue. "Can someone help me?..." you trailed off as Hairo released a loud cheer. "Wow Y/N! Only the creator of such a masterpiece would break their back to save it!" 'So at least one person has enough sense to realize it was my back not the statue,' you thought but then he continued on, "it's a shame it broke though." 'They all really are idiots.'

You remained on the ground for another rough minute before Hairo and a few others lifted it off of you. 'It's really not that great, I mean compared to my special masterpiece!' Teruhashi thought while glancing over at the rock carved into her face, it was marked as number 4. You stood up and dusted the crumbs off your back while Saiki slowly made his way over to you. 'Why did you do that?' he asked as you scowled at him, 'what do you mean why? I didn't want Nendou to die because of something like that.' you retorted as the votes were being counted. Saiki gave you a strange look but before he could say anything the winner was being announced. "The winner of Class 3's rock show is number four-" The announcer was cut off by Teruhashi thanking people, "fourteen." the announcer continued. If the announcer was a boy they would have been stunned by her beauty and let her claim the prize but luckily it was another girl. "Who is number 14?" she said while glancing around and ignoring Teruhashi's embarrassment. "I'm number 14! " you called out after realizing you won over Teruhashi, usually you would've stayed silent and let someone else win but this was different. After-all it's not everyday you get chosen over Teruhashi.