5 ~ Confessions and Rejections

The two of you walked in silence, you weren't even sure if he remembered you were with him at one point. But your thoughts were put aside every time you caught him staring at you. You didn't have the energy to make some sort of snarky remark but he knew you wanted to.

The same maid from the other day was serving you, she sat you back down at the same table. "Hello, are you two getting the same thing as last time?" She asked as you shook your head. "I'll get (dessert) and one of the deluxe coffee jelly's." 'I'll take one coffee jelly.' Saiki ordered after you and gave you a strange look. 'There is no deluxe coffee jelly here.' "Don't worry about it!" you said with a small smile, he was too much of an idiot to realize.

"Here is your food, let me know if you need my assistance." The girl said with a smile while giving you the 'deluxe' coffee jelly, in reality you already knew the girl, her name was Sora and she knew exactly what you meant in your order. 'Didn't you want to talk to me earlier?' you asked as he nodded. 'It's about us—our abilities.' he corrected himself as you pushed the coffee jelly you ordered towards him. 'I don't know what you're talking about.' you said as he looked closely at the coffee jelly. It looked normal but the shape of the cream was poured into a clearly visible heart. 'Is this what you're wasting my money on?' he asked as you held back your laugh, 'You're not paying, it's my treat.' 'You cant buy my silence.' 'Wow... you're so greedy, are 2 more coffee jellies enough?'

If you were being honest, the truth was that you were scared to talk to him about psychic stuff. It could potentially damage the small relationship you built up, but at the same time you were dying to know all of his abilities. 'I still want to ask you questions.' Saiki said as he was being served the 2 coffee jellies you mentioned earlier. 'Fine, but only a few.' 'What do you think of as a few questions?' 'That was one, you have 2 more left!' 'Why are you a psychic?' was the first real question he asked. You stopped for a moment, confused from his choice of words, 'Do you mean how? And I didn't have a choice—same as you.' you said as he muttered a 'good grief.' 'I need to know all your abilities.' 'Hey! I said questions not demands!'

He stared at you while eating his coffee jelly, "Don't ignore me." you mumbled as he still continued to ignore you. 'Fine, you win! But i'm only telling you three, you can figure out the rest later—on your own—first I have telepathy, then I have teleportation, and I can also apport things!' you said as he glared at you. 'You just told me the ones you've used around me—' 'You didn't say they had to be abilities you didn't know I had. But since i'm so nice i'll tell you a secret.' you said waiting for him to ask what it is. 'I'm not going to ask what it is—' 'I thought you'd never ask! Well I know you can't read my mind, and don't worry I can't read yours either.' you confessed but you had only assumed that he couldn't read yours which seemed to be true from his face, you'd been staring at him for so long you noticed when he did something strange; this time it was biting his cheek.

"Are you two ready for the bill?" Sora asked after seeing you two were done chatting. Saiki nodded and got ready to take the bill before you could. Sora handed the bill directly to you but that didn't stop Saiki from trying to pay for it. 'I can cover it, I don't want to be in debt to you.' 'I already paid before we came in.' you told him as he gave you a confused glance, 'a premonition for todays events if you would believe it.' you said in a joking way but it was true, when you woke up you had a memory of going to Cafe Mami with Saiki so you made a reservation then ordered and paid in advance. "2 - 0?" you remarked as he sighed. "I'm not the worst person to be in debt to." 'How can I repay you?' he immediately asked as you got outside the cafe, "Let me call you Kusuo, that's all I want, we're friends right? It shouldn't be an issue." 'We aren't on first-name basis yet—' "You've been calling me by my first name the whole time... but thanks Kusuo, for today. I had fun, i'll see you tomorrow?" you asked while turning around to face him. His face was back to normal besides the fading blush, it was the face you were used to seeing. It's only been a few days but you already felt like you've known him forever. 'See you tomorrow L/N.'