✯ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ✯

Start from the beginning

"Kennedy, Daisy!" 

"Oh my gosh, that's me," she whispered to Tom. "What if I don't get into Hufflepuff? What will my family think?"

"You're family won't care because they're all dead."

"Tom! I still have my sister, and she's in 3rd year!"

"You'll get in, now go," Tom rolled his eyes at nudged her forward. 

With shaking legs, the blonde walked up to the stool, on which the wrinkled brown Sorting Hat sat, drooped probably with the exhaustion of thinking so hard about each student. She picked it up, sat down, and placed it on her head. 

Hmmm, what a complex mind you have for such a little human....Oh yes, you used to be a very happy little girl and now all that cheeriness is mostly for show. You would have been an excellent candidate for Hufflepuff a few years ago.....

"Wait what?" she whispered. "I still am!"

Mmmmm, no. You're not. 

You have a deep darkness growing within you...and try as you might...you will not be able to stop it. Slytherin is the best chance for you to learn to harness it. 

"No, please please don't put me in Slytherin."

I'm not forcing you to do anything, I'm only reading off of what you really want, and what would be for you, my dear. 

"No, plea–"

"SLYTHERIN!"

Daisy barely heard the applause over the drowning sensation that roared in her ears. Her eyes frantically searched for her sister's face in the Hufflepuff crowd, but she couldn't find it. She vaguely heard a professor telling her to get up and walk to her table, and she just barely did so.  

Right before she reached her table, she caught her sister's eye. It was filled with disappointment, confusion, and judgement. The one thing she could count on her sister not to give her. It was the worst look Mackenzie had ever given her. 

Biting her lip to prevent the tears, Daisy joined Tom at the table and vaguely heard him congratulate her.

"You must be more wicked than I thought," he joked in an attempt to cheer her up, but only worked in the opposite, causing her to feel even more ashamed. 

She would not let Slytherin turn her wicked. She would speak to her sister and prove to her that this had been a mistake. 

Focus on the positive, she told herself, like always. 

Even if her relationship with Mackenzie was being tested, at least she would always have Tom. 

September, 1944

"Hello!" fingers snapped in her vision. "Earth to Daisy!"

"Okay, so your hair and outfit are set. You are good to go!" Gabriela smiled brightly. 

"Why are we doing this again? Why would I even try and impress him? We never had any kind of romantic relationship at all."

"But did you ever want to?" Anika raised a brow, her full lips pulled up in a smirk. "I mean, I won't lie, he is very nice to look at."

"That's besides the point," Daisy replied calmly, earning an exited exchanged glance between her two friends. "He hates me."

"Hated," Gabriela interrupted. "Who knows about now."

"We were best friends for 3 and a half years," Daisy pointed out. "I think if he got over his hate for me, he probably would have talked to me at least once since. It's a miracle we weren't ever paired up in any classes!"