𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

The girl's eyes dart around, and she pushes herself up from the cool metal examination table that she is lying on, instantly taking notice of the multiple animal posters and diagrams plastered onto the four walls sheltering her from the cool nightly breeze. From first glance, it appears she is inside an animal clinic. She also takes note that there is currently no sign of Derek, who she vaguely remembers dragging herself and the other teenager out of the warehouse.

"Ophelia, are you okay?"

The soft voice from the side of her brings her back down to Earth, everything being forgotten as she locks eyes with Scott. In the blink of an eye, the already weakened werewolf has a deep cut across his torso, the thin fabric of his shirt ripped from the sharp talons used to create the injury. His brown eyes widen in shock, and his breathing becomes heavier in pain as he stumbles backward, crashing into the wall behind him.

The girl watches with a satisfied smirk and ties her hair away from her face.

Quickly, another voice adds to the situation, but it is unknown to the hybrid. "Ophelia, I don't tolerate violence in this building." The sound cuts through the thick tension like a knife through butter, but it is soothing at the same time, trying to calm the girl down, and hopefully stopping her from doing any further damage. "I mean you no harm," he tells her, raising his hands into the air innocently. "Quite the opposite in fact. I'd appreciate it if you step away from Scott, and take a few deep breaths."

Her eyes snap over to the source of the annoyingly soothing voice, her eyebrows raising at the sight of a dark-skinned man in a long, burgundy sleeved t-shirt. "Who the fuck are you?"

He shows no reaction to her vulgar language, nor her cold attitude to him. "My name is Alan Deaton. Scott's told me about you, with great hesitation of course." His eyes continue to dart between the now unsettlingly calm teenage girl, and Scott, who clutches onto his bleeding wound in agony.

His employee had informed him of the girl's supernatural status; that she is a mixture of a vampire and werewolf. However, Alan Deaton didn't have much knowledge on hybrids. He had encountered a few vampires throughout his life, but only heard of the more recent rumours that such a powerful creature, combining the two species, had been created. He had seen violent supernatural beings before, however, Ophelia's behaviour toward Scott right now is uncharacteristic. It stands out to him.

It's like she shares no emotion except for the crippling anger focused on the one teenage werewolf. She shows no sympathy or remorse that she had just severely hurt Scott, instead opting to just stand and watch him with something that resembles glee because she had been the one to cause him pain. What Alan Deaton can't figure out is why she had dealt such a fatal blow instead of just killing him.

The veterinarian's words do the exact opposite to what he intended them to do. They only fuel the fire inside her.

Ophelia meets Scott's wide eyes, and she almost scoffs at the innocence held within them. Her heart thunders loudly against her ribcage, and her blood rushes up into her head from the flood of adrenaline she feels. "I should kill you, you fucking bastard!" He flinches away at the volume of her voice, and an involuntary tear slips down his cheek as his blood continues to stain the once pristine flooring. The girl's eyebrows furrow in mild confusion as she smacks the side of her head, now directing the searing hot anger at herself. "I want to kill you. So, why can't I fucking kill you?"

Her quiet question causes the two males to share a look in concern, and the older of the two realises that the hybrid is quickly spiralling: becoming more unstable by the second. She needs to be reined in before someone does die.

Too caught up in her blinding emotions toward Scott, Ophelia misses the actions made by the adult behind them. However, she does hear his footsteps as he cautiously makes his way over to her, fully aware that the werewolf is bleeding out and needs urgent medical attention.