Paperwork

I swung by Coulson's office on my way to my room and picked up my paperwork, turns out he wants it done by tomorrow which was a pain. Wrapping a towel around my hair to dry it off I shoved on some clean black cargos and a hoodie; the base was freezing today for some reason. I wanted to look presentable for in case I get the chance to have some beers with them later so did some clean girl aesthetic makeup I've been seeing online. I finished up getting ready and grabbed my paperwork, I hated doing it in my room so I headed to the lab so I could talk to Simmons while working. It was only 11:08am so I had loads of time.

"Hey Jem" I greeted dropping the pile of paper onto the table, and watching it topple over in slow motion.

"Y/N what have a told you about making my desk a mess" she warned.

"Do it?" I replied with a cheeky smile.

"Make sure you clean it up when you're done" she smiled.

"So... anything new with you?" I asked.

"Nope, I mean Fitz and I went out for dinner last night to this cute restaurant".

"Ooo any details for me"

"I don't know Y/N any details for me about a specific brunette?" she teased.

"don't know who you're talking about" I waved her off.

"Oh really? You know, 5'6 brunette? Walking earthquake" she pushed.

"doesn't ring a bell" I joked.

"I heard she was talking to that agent from logistics" Jemma said.

"John? Ew no he asked her out last week and when she said no, he asked if it was because he was ugly" I started laughing.

"No not him some Tom guy" she continued.

"You kidding me? He's not her type, he's like 5'9 and doesn't know his left from his right" I snapped back opening the top file.

"For someone who doesn't know who I'm talking about you sure do know a lot about her love life" Jemma kept teasing.

"Alright what do you want" I turned to her putting my pen down.

"nothing" Jemma hurriedly began tapping on her computer and that's when I saw her again.

"Stalking me, Johnson?"

"Only in your dreams Y/N, I came to talk to Jemma actually", I put my hand up to my chest pretending I had been shot, Daisy saw my reaction and walked over to me slinging her arm over my shoulder.

"Better?" she asked, I nodded, and we both laughed.

"Get married already" Jemma chimed in

"Oh, we are actually, did we forget to invite you?" I joked.

"Ha ha so funny Y/N" Jemma replied sarcastically.

The two of them started talking about equipment for a mission but I tuned them out and continued with my paperwork. I had to write a report of my trainee's exams from this morning and add it to their file, also taking the time to snoop into their lives a little bit.

"Need help?" daisy asked leaning close to my ear, Jemma had disappeared probably to go find Fitz which just left us and some lab assistants walking around.

"Depends, did you actually take notes this morning or just stare at me" I winked at her.

"I made notes" she answered.

"Then yes you can help" I nodded, sliding some filed over to her. She sat down next to me, and we stayed in silence apart from the odd conversation about a trainee's file. We were about halfway done, and it was 1:38pm.

"Wanna go make some food?" Daisy turned to me.

"D I can't cook".

"By make food I mean steal on of Mack's that he leaves in the fridge and definitely knows we all take" she corrected standing up and pulling me after her.

Mack tends to cook a lot so when he does, he makes lots of portions and puts it in the fridge for people to have when they run out of time to cook something. Jemma also normally makes some salads for people and stacks them next to Mack's meals so people can choose but most of the time we eat just both. I sat on one of the stools in the kitchen while Daisy heated up some pasta.

"What's this mission you were talking to Jemma about?" I asked her.

"Oh, it's nothing just some Hydra agents in places they shouldn't be" "ah same as normal then, when are you going?"

"Tomorrow morning, I think, shouldn't be long, few hours probably" she informed me handing me my plate of food.

We ate our food and decided to take a break from paperwork and turned on the tv. We were only a few minutes into an episode of big bang theory when May came in.

"Coulson needs both of you in his office" she told us briefly before walking off.