uno | one

It's never this quiet in Seoul. Normally you'd hear a car going, people talking, the wind blowing, birds chirping. Something at least, but tonight was different. The streets were silent and so was the rest of the world. Everything seemed and felt so bare and alone. The same way I'd been feeling for the past few days. It's unbelievable, I have friends and family that truly love me and care for me. I know I can go to them no matter what, but something's missing. I got a small dog not long ago to help with my home life in feeling lonesome. I truly don't understand what it is I'm lacking. Everyone in my life brings a little bit of chaos to keep things alive. It's something I love about them, but I feel unbalanced. I need something else and I can't pinpoint what it is.

-

Today is a new day, there's a chance things will be different than they've been for Taehyung. His mind had been all over the place. He had hope that some time soon, things would change. Before heading to the dance studio, he decided he would stop for something. Tea was something he didn't have often, but it was something he enjoyed whenever he did. Coffee was something he avoided. He was allergic, but tea was like liquid gold. Every sip was a delight given the fact he drank it rarely. Taehyung would drive past a small café on his way to the studio every time he'd go. For the first time, he decided to go inside and get himself something. Normally the young man would have enjoyed something he had at home, but he wanted to treat himself.

"Good morning sir, welcome. What can I get started for you?" A sweet young lady asked, Taehyung examined her and thought she was cute.

"Good morning. I'll take a small earl grey and an egg danish." He said with an eye smile as he was wearing a mask.

"Alright, that'll be 8000 won." She replied after tapping on the screen before her to put in his order.

He swiped his card before stepping over to the waiting side of the café. "Thank you, Sarang?" He asked, wanting to make sure he didn't read her name tag wrong. Love?

"Yes, Sarang." She reassured with a nod and a smile, handing him his tea and egg danish. "Have a good rest of your day Mr. Kim." She bowed before going into the back.

Mr. Kim? She recognised me and treated me like any normal person. Tae thought as he walked back to his car. It was nice being treated like a normal person and not like an A-list celebrity. Of course, he wouldn't dare change his life or career. He loved being V of BTS and was grateful for it, but he enjoyed being Kim Taehyung more.

His drive to the studio was quiet. He didn't have any thoughts on the way there other than the occasional 'I have to take this exit' and 'turn left here' while driving. Upon arriving, his cell went off a few times. Before he could glance down at the notifications, he noticed the time and that he was 10 minutes late. Looking down, he read a message from his eldest hyung, Seokjin, asking where he was.

김석진: Taehyung, where are you?

김석진: Are you close?

김태형: Outside, on my way in. I stopped to eat something.

He rushed into the building, finishing his egg danish in a hurry. Taehyung had told himself that he would be early today. That he wouldn't be either late nor on time. That plan didn't work out. But he was happy with his tea and his egg danish. And that was all that mattered to him. His experience at the café made his day start off beautifully. He could see that he was recognised, but he was treated so normal. It was nice to experience life that way other than having someone ask for an autograph or a picture. Taehyung enjoyed interacting with ARMYs, but he loved being seen as a human as well.

"Sorry guys, I thought I'd get here sooner but I left the house a little late." He said as he walked in. No one was particularly bothered or upset at his late arrival.