Chapter Twelve - Settling in

Veda and I were settling into our guest house a little too comfortably. Veda's clothes were strewn all over it, and every piece of cutlery or item from the kitchen she had used got left where she had been at the time. There were four mugs beside the couch, and three plates with cutlery in her bedroom, and that was just the stuff that was visible.

Somehow her mess, made me want to be less so, and so I kept my area as neat as possible, and my bedroom just so. The way she was with kitchen utensils made me never want to cook another meal again, and I didn't really have to... because Allie had been cooking for us, mostly, she says, it is to her delight.

Willa and Allie have both been incredible hosts and have not once made us feel as if we were a trouble to have around or in their way. Willa took me into the city and helped me file some paperwork in regards to Vedas temporary guardianship, and she found me a great Lawyer through Teddy, who knew just the person for family law.

Harper and Teddy were actually due over for dinner with Josephine and Bastion this evening. I felt a little nervous to be around, knowing I had broken up with their daughter, and I didn't know how they would be with me, so I declined an invite to join them, made up some excuse, and instead would hide for now and pretend I didn't exist.

I had been lazing in the bath when I heard Veda return from dinner, with a few more voices right behind her.

"Millie... there's someone who wants to see you" Veda called out.

I sat upright as the water sloshed over the side of the bath, and I quickly leapt out and into a towel.

"I'll be right out" I called.

Panicked, I bolted into my adjoining room and slammed the door, drying as if it was for a world record and throwing on some shorts and a t shirt.

I fingered through my wet hair and looked into the mirror, giving myself a once over before I opened the door.

"You look like crap" I cursed at myself. My dark hair appeared black with the wetness of it, and my cheeks were pinked from the steam. I wasn't exactly the creature from the black lagoon, but then everybody usually saw me when I was all put together, and this, wasn't it.

I had no idea who it was who had come to see me, and so as I step out into the living area I'm hoping it's not Wrens parents... and I'm relieved when it's confirmed.

Sat on the couch and playing a handheld game console with Veda, is Bash... and Josie.

Veda looked up and noticed my presence first "Snow white" she gestured toward me "you have guests"

Bash and Josie both look up, and with a beaming smile Bash tossed the game into Josie's  hands and ran over to me with arms spread as he leapt into mine.

"Millie" he said lovingly squeezing my neck with his arms. "I missed you"

Josie walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, pulling him back to his feet "he's a little over excited to have you here" she confessed.

I bent down and bopped his nose "well I'm happy you're here too"

"I missed you guys" I confess.

Josie's hazel eyes look me over curiously "are you staying for good"

I stand up and shrug slightly "I'm not sure. At the moment... no... but if things change... I mean ... maybe. Never say never right"