Chapter 5 Rectangle

Start from the beginning

"That's nonsense! I'm your friend. It'll help both of us if we study manual settings together." Empress insisted.

"Alright, I'm sorry. You are my friend and I should just have asked you. I appreciate it." I smiled, my eyes shining, locked on her.

"Of course I will help you silly!" Empress was beaming.

I flopped onto the bed and we were lying on the mattress side by side staring at the ceiling. Empress started playing with my hair.

"She wasn't mad at you about Jeon anymore?" Empress asked.

"No, we sort of uh... reach an understanding." I yawned; tears squeezed my eyes when I did.

"That drama queen went through boys like changing clothes."

"Hey, don't call her that. Respect girls who aren't like you." I felt obligated to defend Morgana like I had defended Empress before.

"What? It's true. Jeon happens to be her latest conquest."

"That's not true. Maybe she likes him."

"Why are you defending her?"

"I wasn't. I was just being objective."

"Fine... Oh hey, maybe we can help her."

"How?" I turned to look at her, curiously.

"We can switch partners for tomorrow's group assignment. I can be your partner and Morgana can have Jeon."

"Eh..." I was rendered speechless. I didn't expect this. Do not meddle with this kind of love affair! Repeat, stay out of this! My brain screamed.

Jeon wouldn't be happy to be partnered with Morgana. Most importantly, I don't want to be in any part of the triangle anymore.

"I don't think Jeon would like that." I blurted out.

"Oh, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I hate to be the next recipient of Morgana's evil glare."

"But how about your feelings? How do you uh... feel about Jeon?" I tested.

"Jeon?" Empress began pensively. "Indifference I guess."

"What kind of answer was that?"

"What do you expect I say?"

"I don't know... like do you uh... have a crush on him or something?" I asked.