"Haha, thanks... anyways, what movie would you like to watch?"

"The Sun Is Also a Star! 100% The Sun Is Also a Star, it's perfect for the occasion and I adore that movie with everything in me." I say almost squealing.

"Okay, The Sun Is Also a Star it is. Can't wait to see why you like it" Kylian says as we make our way to the living room.

Kylian leaves the living room as he goes to the kitchen to get some snacks for us, and I can't help but look at all the flashy trophies he has around the living room. They're even in the hallway too. I get up and start looking at the trophies closely and I can tell they're a really big deal. Out of all of the shiny gold and silver medals, I see there's one in particular that catches my eye.

It's a gold medal with a smooth, polished surface that reflects the light in a beautiful way. It's engraved with intricate designs and "World Champion" is etched in bold letters at the top and "FIFA WORLD CUP. RUSSIA 2018" is etched in bold letters at the bottom.

"July 15, 2018, Moscow, Russia," Kylian says out of nowhere.

I turn around and see Kylian standing in the doorway, holding a plate of delicious-looking snacks. The smell of freshly baked cookies fills the air.

"I didn't even realize you were there. Sorry for going through your stuff. I didn't mean to. It's just they're all so shiny and they look so cool," I say as I put the medal back where I got it.

"That's okay, you were going to find out about them eventually." He says as he puts the plate on the table and comes towards me.

"What do you mean? Are they like a big deal or something?" I ask him

"Yeah kind of," he says with one hand in his pocket and the other scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Remember when I told you I play football? Well, it's kind of like my job." He says.

"Damn, for real?" I say, impressed. "I had no idea that you were that serious about football. What team do you play for?"

Kylian looks down at his feet, suddenly shy. "I play for the national team and PSG," he says quietly.

My eyes widen in surprise. "I have no idea what PSG is but THE national team? That's amazing! You must be really good."

Kylian shrugs, looking modest. "I try my best. It's a lot of hard work, but it's worth it."

I nod, feeling a newfound respect for him. "I had no idea you were such a big deal. You should have told me sooner."

Kylian grins. "I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I'm just a regular guy who happens to play football"

I laugh. "Yeah, right. With all of the trophies I've seen here, you're definitely a superstar."

Kylian shakes his head, looking embarrassed. "Hm, I suppose I am."

I smile, feeling proud of him. "Even though I've never seen you play, I think you're doing an amazing job."

Kylian nods, looking grateful. "Thanks."

"No problem." I say giving him a warm smile.

"Anyways, we should probably start watching the movie." Kylian says

"Aren't you missing something?" I ask

"Ah yes, how could I forget, your chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream?"

"Yes, after all it is the only reason why I am here." I jokingly say.

"Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream coming right up!" He says as he goes to the kitchen and gets my ice cream.

I'd say my love language is acts of service, so seeing him get me the ice cream just makes me feel so appreciated.

"Aw thank you for the ice cream. I really appreciate it"

"Of course! It's the least I can do, after all I invited you."

After about an hour of the movie, Kylian shifts closer to me on the couch, and I feel a flutter in my stomach. I've never been in a relationship before, and the idea of being with someone romantically is both exciting and terrifying.

As the movie reached its climax, Kylian turns to me and said, "You know, I've been wanting to tell you something for a while now."

My heart raced as I turn to face him. "What is it?"

"I know we've only been talking for a short time, but I feel like there's something between us. Something more than just friendship."

I feel a lump form in my throat as I looked into Kylian's eyes. I have been feeling the same way, but I was too afraid to say anything, and I also want to be pursued not to be the one pursuing.

"I don't know, Kylian," I say hesitantly. "I've never been in a relationship before, and I'm scared of getting hurt."

Kylian reaches out and takes my hand, his touch sending shivers down my spine. "I understand that, but I promise I'll do everything in my power to make sure you never get hurt. I care about you too much to let that happen."

I look at Kylian, seeing the sincerity in his eyes, and feel a warmth spread through my chest. Maybe it is worth taking a chance on love after all.

"Do I have your permission?" He asks as our eyes locked together. "Yes" I softly said.

With that, he leans in and kissed me. It is soft at first, but quickly grows more passionate as we lose ourselves in each other. I've never felt so alive, so loved, so wanted.

As we pull away, Kylian looks at me with a smile on his face. "I'm so glad I finally had the courage to tell you how I feel."

I smile back at him, feeling happier than I had in a long time. "Me too."

-𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔

Heyy besties!! How are you guys doing? I hope you guys are doing great, because I genuinely care about all of you and if you ever need to talk or have any suggestions about the book lmk!

What do you guys think of the book so far?

I love you and I hope you have a good day!