wifey susan and abandonment issues

Later, the celebration continued into the night, as Telmar had an open ball for anyone in Narnia to join. I had changed into a different outfit; a pale yellow ball gown with off the shoulder sleeves. I kept my bracelet and necklace on, taking my crown with me instead of putting it on. I was still getting used to even being here, let alone being a queen.

When I left my room, Jase was outside with flowers braided into her hair. I gave her a bright smile and a hug when I saw her. "Jase! You have no idea how glad I am to see a familiar face. I've been hiding out in my room to avoid Telmarines seeing me and trying to hurt me." She laughed at my words and pulled away, giving me a playful bow.

"My Queen, you are requested at the ball as soon as possible, and I am your escort." She said with a small smirk, making me roll my eyes playfully.

"Never bow to me again. We are equal, Jase." We talked and laughed all the way to the ballroom, our jaws dropping at the beautiful scene before us. There were vines and natural decorations surrounding us, gentle snow seemingly falling from the ceiling. My eyes found Aslan and he gave me a wink at my silent question. I shook my head with a disbelieving smile as I continued to look around.

As I passed by others, they all bowed to me, which was highly unsettling, as I had been nothing more than an outsider a few days ago. I tried to tell everyone that did so that they didn't need to, but they insisted. I finally found the Pevensies and Caspian over by the food table, making me sigh in relief as I dragged Jase over to them.

"Guys, how do I make them stop bowing?" I asked the group desperately, sending them all into laughter.

"It takes getting used to. I know the feeling," Lucy shrugged sheepishly as she stood next to Peter. The others nodded in agreement, minus Caspian, as he was born into royalty. He knows nothing different.

Jase was completely awestruck at the royalty surrounding her, making me put a gentle, reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Jase, these are the Pevensie siblings: Peter, Susan, Lucy, and you already know Edmund. And this here is Caspian the Tenth. Guys, this is Jase, the friend I made before the battle for this castle." I introduced them all, my friends welcoming her with open arms. Jase was beyond happy, looking between them all with a smile. However, her eyes lingered on Caspian for a little longer than the others, which made me smirk a little.

The newfound king noticed and held a hand out to her with a kind smile. "Would you like to dance, Lady Jase?" He asked, making the faun blush and nod her head enthusiastically. They left to the dance floor, dancing around with large smiles on their faces as they conversed. I then remembered something and looked at Susan, who surprisingly didn't look very upset.

I placed a hand on her shoulder and whispered. "I thought you had a thing with Caspian going on." She laughed a little and shook her head, her eyes shining with amusement.

"Not really. I don't think he's the one for me. He is a very attractive person, but I'm just not into him." She made a weird emphasis on he and him, making me think to myself. When I realized what she was getting at, I gasped and excitedly grabbed her hand.

"You like women?!" I asked very quietly, making sure that no one could listen in. She gave me a small smile and a nod, looking around at everyone.

"I don't exactly know why. I just do," she said wistfully, making me smile at her and give her a long hug.

"Susan, I understand. I'm glad you told me, as I honestly like both women and men. I don't have a preference, either," I explained, making the gentle queen give me a bright smile with tears in her eyes.

"I thought I would never find someone who understood, Shay." She was so quietly relieved and it made my heart swell as I gazed at her. We both gave each other knowing smiles before someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to see Peter behind me, giving me a small smile.