engaged?

(Skipping the white witch stuff bc I don't feel like writing it)

(TW: slight mentions of SA)

The group had collected themselves and gathered in an abandoned room within Aslan's How, strategizing for the massacre ahead of them. Edmund was standing in the corner, his arms crossed as he looked out at the sight before him in a hardened, yet clouded, gaze. He still hadn't fully emotionally recovered from the blow of the girl he had grown to adore so much being snatched away from him, and the White Witch making a small appearance hadn't helped at all.

The boy wasn't paying attention to the plan they were ironing out, only picking up on Lucy being sent into the forest for Aslan with Susan and Peter having to duel Miraz for the right to surrender. A gentle tap on his shoulder made him look up, his dark brown eyes being met with the hazel-green of his little sister. Despite his worsening emotional state, the just king managed a small smile at the sight of her, the girl returning it.

"Ed? Peter wanted you to deliver the message to Miraz with Glenstorm and Trufflehunter as escorts. I know that you miss her, because I do too, but you can't start a fight with him. No matter what he does, okay?" Lucy was concerned for her brother, making him soften up a little and give her a promising nod. She smiled brightly at Edmund, giving him a side hug before running off with Susan.

The dark-haired boy shook his head at her with a small smile before suiting up into his chainmail armor with a lion emblem on the chest. His sword was strapped to his hip as he was handed an olive branch by Caspian.

"Remember, no aggression. He won't hesitate to use it against the Narnians." Edmund nodded at the reminder, walking out with Trufflehunter and Glenstorm on either side. His expression held no emotion, only concentrated on the path ahead of him and the message he needed to deliver. As much as his companions wanted to offer some comfort to their guilt-ridden king, they knew better than to stray his mind when the boy had his mind set.

However, Edmund almost forgot everything he was supposed to do, including avoid aggression, at the sight of Shay standing at Miraz's side.

',',','

This dress is so itchy.

I was stuck standing behind Miraz's chair on his right side, sadly standing behind Lord Sopespian, who has been eyeing me since Miraz caught me. I gave him a glare and a scowl every time I caught him, which only made him smirk. Needless to say, I was anxiously waiting for Edmund, since this was always my favorite scene in this movie.

The weirdest part about being captured by Miraz, was that he started treating me like royalty the second he saw the ring around my neck. He said something like:

"She's been betrothed. Anything we attempt with her can and very possibly will be dishonorable and punished with death. No one lays a finger on her."

And then I was shoved into this itchy dress and told to basically follow "King Miraz" like a puppy. I had my own room with maids and servants, but I had to do everything within the sight of him.

Also, I wasn't a complete idiot. I knew what betrothal meant, but I didn't think Edmund knew that was what he did, so I've been pushing it to the back of my mind. However, I'm really glad that he did give it to me, or else I would've probably been in much worse of a state.

Before long, I saw the silhouettes of a badger, a centaur, and a human walking towards the tent that Miraz was sitting in. I tapped the man's shoulder, making him turn to me with a small glare. I pointed out towards the three, making him straighten up and gesture for his guards to allow the king into the tent.

Edmund and I made eye contact, his entire demeanor switching from concentrated to shocked within the span of a second. I gave him a reassuring smile and nod, which relaxed him a little before his gaze fell on the tyrant king in front of him. The boy wasted no time and unrolled the scroll, holding it in front of his face before reading it aloud.