being thrown into the story

Which of my childhood comfort movies that keeps me from a mental breakdown would I like to indulge in today?

I thought to myself as I looked through the DVD cabinet with my airpods in, listening to Golden by Cody Fry. My mom was out working, and my little sister was spending the week with a friend on a trip to Chicago. Which left me with a few hours to spare without my mom. Especially since it would only be hell when she does get home.

Anyways, as I was scanning through, my eyes caught a movie I had seen a couple times on Disney+, but never knew I owned personally.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

I suddenly felt very giddy as I rapidly clenched and unclenched my fists for a moment before I calmed myself and grabbed the DVD. It was one of my favorite fantasy movies, besides the other two in the trilogy, and no matter where my interests took me, nothing could compare to Narnia for me. I danced along to the jazzy tune in my headphones as I put the disc into the cartridge and grabbed the remote, sitting down on the couch. I bundled myself in a bunch of fuzzy blankets with my pizza rolls sitting on a plate in front of me.

I watched with a small sparkle in my brown eyes as the beginning of the Disney intro began. I hummed it quietly to myself, the childish excitement only growing within me. However, that ended when the movie didn't start as usual. In place of the Telmarine castle, there was a simple question on the screen, with yes and no options below it.

Are you ready?

>>Yes
>>No

I'll admit, I got a little annoyed, so I didn't really think rationally. I didn't think, "why is this stupid question on my screen?" or "what the hell, i've never seen this before." I just clicked yes without a second thought.

Which wasn't a bad choice, just an interesting one.

Because when I did click yes, the screen went dark, and then wind started blowing through my house. That's when I started questioning things, because my mom had all of our windows bolted shut, and the fan in the living room wasn't that powerful. I quickly stood up, making sure to hold tight to my pizza rolls as the wind picked up further.

Yes, I was freaked out, but I had priorities.

As I very frantically started shoving the delicious snack into my mouth, my house started crumbling and the window in front of me stopped showing my backyard. It began to show a sunny beach, the same way the train station showed the beach to the Pevensie siblings.

When I was able to put that together, I felt my heart pick up speed, to the point that I would've probably had a heart attack. However, the deep breaths I was taking in between bites of my pizza rolls kept me from passing out. Before I knew it, a bright light completely blinded me and I was inside a cave, facing the beach head on. If it weren't for the fact that I was still chewing on my food, I would've thought I died and ascended.

What then caught my attention was the group of four kids around my age playing in the water and splashing each other. They hadn't noticed me yet, and I preferred it that way, because when I identified them as who I thought they were, I went into a slight anxiety attack.

By slight, I mean a raging one. I couldn't breathe, and I dropped to my knees on the sand because my legs gave out.

I started heaving, trying to pull myself together and reassure myself that I was perfectly fine and that this has been my dream, but to no avail. It only got worse when through my blurry vision, I was able to make out a couple pairs of bare feet. I was able to register the hand that was placed on my shoulder and the voice of a female that sounded far away, and I mentally reached out for it. When I could hear more clearly, I worked on taking deeper breaths and then finally I relaxed, flopping onto my back on the sand.

I kept breathing deeply and my vision cleared too, leaving me to stare up at the bewildered faces of my four favorite characters: the Pevensie siblings.

Or, if you're a huge nerd like me and love theories, the Hogwarts founders.

(Word count: 759)

(A/N: yeah, this is the overall vibe of the story i was going for. it gets better, i promise)