crushes blooming and meeting trumpkin

Peter sighed, being the only one to make a noise after the extra beats of silence. His siblings turned to him for directions and were met with the most obvious answer in the world. "I think it's time we found out what really happened here." Everyone nodded and dug out supplies and more fitting clothes for the journey. I stood there awkwardly for a second, debating whether I should remind them that I'm here or just stay quiet and deal with my current outfit.

I decided with the first option, because I would probably be killed for being an outsider, since I would stick out like a sore thumb.

I cleared my throat, making the Pevensies all turn to me. "Hey, uh...I have no clothes or supplies or even a weapon I could use for self-defense. And also you guys were kinda lost in your moment there, so I wanted to remind you guys that I existed really quick so I didn't get left behind or something."

It seemed my little interjection cut the tension in the room, because they started chuckling. Edmund shook his head with a warm and grateful smile as he looked at me. "No one forgot about you, Shay. We did get a little caught up, though, didn't we?" He looked at Peter, who attempted to hide a small smile. Susan chuckled and walked over to me.

"You could wear one of my dresses, if you need to," she offered kindly, but faltered a little when she saw my hesitation.

"I really appreciate that, Susan. However, I don't know if they would fit me, since I'm kinda...larger than you..." I trailed off, looking down to my stomach and thighs that were hidden by my baggy clothes. Susan looked at me confused, making me sigh and grab the sides of my tank-top and pulling  them around to my back, making the material look skin-tight and show off my tummy rolls.

Contrary to what you may believe, I'm not ashamed of my body typically, I am just self-aware. I can feel confident in myself at times without being completely delusional.

Susan gave me an apologetic smile. "I understand...maybe you could borrow a shirt and pants from one of the boys." No sooner had she made the offer did a random, perfectly folded outfit appear on the stairs behind her. Lucy, Edmund, Peter, and I all looked at it with wide eyes. I walked over and grabbed it, realizing that it was a red shirt and brown pants exactly my size. I smirked a little and held them up to the others.

"So, clearly Aslan likes me apparently." The others laughed loudly and offered to leave so that I could change. I shook my head and told them that I didn't care and they could do whatever made them comfortable. After I said that, the boys nodded and left up the stairs while the girls just turned around. I quickly changed, realizing that what I was wearing was basically a pirate outfit, and it came with a pair of comfortable boots. After I changed, I noticed that a sword that was slightly smaller than Edmund's had appeared, making me smirk. I grabbed it, buckled the sheath onto my hip, and told the girls that I was ready.

When those two turned around, my ear drums stopped working with the loud squeals that came from them. I jumped a little at the sudden noise, but quickly calmed down when I realized they were just excited at how good I looked in the Narnian aesthetic. I smiled at them and did a couple of dramatic model poses, making them laugh. Lucy smirked a little and nudged Susan.

"Edmund will surely be fawning over her in that." My jaw dropped at the audacity of this child, before my eyes widened at the matching smirk that Susan adorned on her face.

"Lucy told me all about your favoritism towards my little brother, Shay. It's nothing to be ashamed about, since he already seems to enjoy your company," the blue-eyed girl teased, making me groan in slight frustration. I shook my head and looked between them firmly.

"It was a past favoritism, alright? Also, I just met him officially, and we aren't even considered friends yet, let alone anything more. I enjoy his company and he enjoys mine, but that's about the extent of it. If anything happens between him and I, it'll be on our terms, got it?" Susan and Lucy nodded, but with the looks on their faces, they might as well have been singing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song.