soulmates with anxiety

"Edmund, we have to go get Peter," I mumbled to him. The dark-haired boy followed my line of sight and immediately straightened up. The two of us ran inside, looking around frantically for the High King. We found him speaking to Glenstorm, the two turning to us at the sound of our hurried footsteps.

"Pete, there was a Telmarine soldier at the tree line. Shay and I saw them," Edmund said breathlessly, his hand grasping mine tightly. I couldn't complain, because I was gripping his just as tight.

Peter immediately called for a meeting in the room with the Stone Table, the officers for the Narnian army gathering in there. I sat with Lucy on the table, the young girl laying her head on my shoulder.

"Miraz's soldiers are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle," Blondie declared to the rest of the group.

"Well, what do you suggest we do, your Majesty?" Trufflehunter asked.

"We should go-"

"Be prepared for-"

Both Peter and Caspian spoke at the same time. The two shared a challenging look, the Spanish prince conceding to the High King after a few moments.

"We should attack the castle now, while we still can," Peter said, his strong tone reflecting the inner king that had been hidden for most of this journey. I winced at his plan while Caspian snapped his gaze to the king, fear and doubt pooling in his eyes.

"No, that's crazy. No one has ever taken that castle!" The prince said desperately. Blondie shrugged his shoulders with an indifferent look.

"There's always a first time," he said nonchalantly, as if he just raids castles that are ruled by tyrant almost-kings everyday.

I felt the need to speak up. "Peter? You have no clue what could happen to everyone else if we do this. There's no guarantee that these Narnians will make it out alive, and that will do nothing but put you at a disadvantage if we lose this battle." I tried my best to stay cautious, but his pride still took a hit. And he wasn't having it.

"And who are you to try and explain how battle works to me? You got here yesterday morning, and you think that suddenly means you can question my authority? I am the High King of Narnia," his voice got louder and stronger with every word he said. I'm blaming my Latina rage for why I stood up and strode towards him.

"And who are you to question me? I proved that I know how these things will happen, because I know the story of you guys front to back and I can recite it all from memory without even blinking. I think that if anyone should be listening to anyone, it should be you with me." My glare pierced through his own, and it seemed as if he almost wavered. However, his walls were rebuilt and harder to crack through than before.

"You are nothing more in this story than a mere bystander. There is no prophecy for you, which means you have no place here as a Daughter of Eve. You were a mistake."

I paused for a moment, the silence deafening within the room. Everyone was watching us while holding their breath, waiting to see if I would say something back. I didn't disappoint them.

"I am not one to forgive very easily, Peter. So don't wait for my forgiveness when your people, and maybe even your s-siblings," I paused after my stutter, realizing that a lump was forming in my throat as I continued to speak, "are killed because you decided that you were too prideful to listen to those around you."

I walked out of the room silently, without looking back.

I found myself in the weapons room, where I easily found my silver blade. I picked it up and spun it in my hands for a few moments. I couldn't help but smile a little as I did, the movements coming to me easier than I expected.