crowned queen w/ guy bestie

Edmund wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up, spinning us around for a moment. I giggled as he put me back down and held my face in his hands while wiping away my tears with his thumbs. His face was lit up with pride and joy as he smiled at me.

"I'm so proud of you, Shay. I know that wasn't easy," he whispered to me before giving me a kiss on the forehead and passing me over to Peter who wrapped his good arm around my shoulder.

"I'm proud to call you my future sister in-law," Blondie smirked, ruffling my hair while winking at Edmund. I laughed with a small blush while Edmund started smiling widely with a similar red face.

Caspian snatched me from Peter's hold and jokingly held me protectively. "Mi prima will not be tainted by the likes of you two." The Narnian kings glared at him playfully but also looked mildly confused. I laughed at their puzzled faces.

"Mi prima means my cousin, but for women." They both said, "ohhhh," making Caspian and I laugh. I looked up to the archers, finding Susan's bright blue eyes already looking fondly down at the rest of us. She gave me a small nod of recognition, making me smile and return it to the gentle queen.

The comforting moment was broken by Sopespian's cry of "treachery."

I almost forgot about that part.

I groaned in annoyance and wiggled my way out of Caspian's arms, pushing him gently towards the How. "Go. They need you." He gave me a small nod and ran inside. He threw a "be safe" over his shoulder that I didn't get to respond to as he was out of sight.

I turned to Peter and Edmund, seeing them unsheathe their swords. I followed them and stood with them as they prepared for battle once more. I shook my body a little bit to loosen up my muscles as I started counting down with Peter in my head.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8

"Get ready!" Peter yelled. I continued the count as I glanced at Edmund and gave him a nod.

9
10

All at once, the ground beneath the cavalry of the Telmarine army caved in. The archers then let their arrows fly, hitting every soldier that was within the pit. Fauns attacked those who managed to make it out, while Caspian led the underground army out to pick off those who hung back.

My eyes widened at the sight of the catapults being armed. I hurriedly turned and grabbed the attention of some of the archers by waving my hands. "Tell the archers to brace themselves! The catapults!" They nodded at me and started alerting their fellow archers to the threat. Susan was the last to know but she was prepared, which made me sigh in relief.

The Pevensie brothers saw my effort and gave me thankful smiles as I turned back around. We waited a while longer before two horses suddenly appeared for Edmund and Peter. The former held out his hand to lift me up, which I took graciously. I got on surprisingly easily, since the last horse figure I had ridden was Glenstorm.

We rode through the battlefield, slicing and shooting those who had been missed by others of our army. Edmund would shoot Telmarines with a crossbow that I was half-convinced he pulled out of his ass, and when we got close to others, I would slash them with my sword.

Dare I say power duo?

When the numbers had lessened greatly, we met back up with Peter at the dueling ground, hopping off of the horse. Caspian and Susan had joined us and the five of us stood together before we charged, splitting up. Despite that, Caspian still kept Susan in his line of sight, as did Edmund with me.

When I came across some of the soldiers, their eyes widened a little. I smirked, my main character complex being fueled by the fact that I had a reputation with the Telmarines.