Chapter 07 | Annoying

MONDAY MORNING

MONDAY MORNING

RAFE'S POV:

"What do you mean he's dead!" I hear my father yell from his office. Not many people to talk about now so obviously it's John B.

I hear him sigh, and can only assume, rubbing a hand down his beard. "Look, I don't care how much money it takes, find out who got to him before I did," then he slams his phone on the desk.

Going to leave before he realizes I'm here, Wheezie comes up behind me. "Hey Rafe? Is dad in his office? I need to ask him something." "I don't know Wheezie go and look for yourself," I say aggravated.

As much as I love Wheezie, sorta, she can piss you off to no end. Today is one of those days. It's been like this for a while now that I think about it. Ever since Sarah killed herself, she's been acting strange. I know damn well she's been more neglected than normal since Rose and Ward are still grieving Sarah. Well not so much Rose anymore since she you know...

"You don't have to be so mean all the time you know," she says with a hurt tone and storms off to her room. About to go after her, I get stopped by the thing I call my father.

"Rafe we need to talk," Ward says sternly. Rolling my eyes before he can see, he motions for me to come into his office. I look back to see if Wheezie came back and I see her peak her head out from the corner, giving me a smile.

Closing the door behind me, I am met with a slap to the face. Holding my cheek where I feel blood from his rings. I have to force the tears from my eyes to stop. Camerons don't cry. Especially not in front of our father.

"You wanna tell me why you have been hanging out with those scumbags and using your money for stupid shit!" He yells at me.

"Gee I don't know 'dad' maybe it's because they treat me more like a family than you ever have or will!" Shit. I didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Ever since Sarah died. No, not even then. The moment Sarah was born all attention went to her and you completely ghosted me and Wheezie when she came. It's always been about her while the two of us have been on the outs. I get all your hits and bruises for me and Wheezie because I don't want her to have these from you!" I yell not caring if the whole neighborhood can hear me.

"You have neglected us for years and now that your little golden child is gone, you still don't pay attention to us. It's easier for me to leave but Wheezie? She can't leave. Imagine how she feels not having a father that cares for their daughter. You are a shit father and deserve to go to hell." I say, not caring what more he has to say before I storm out and go to Wheezies room.

"Pack a bag we're leaving," I say, opening all her stuff and putting everything I see in a bag.

"Rafe, what are you doing? What's going on?" All these questions are going through one ear and out the other right now.