Chapter 02 | He was easy*

Start from the beginning

"Yeah bro it's crazy," I say because what else do you say in these types of situations. "I don't even want to know what they were looking for in the filthy sewer," Topper says, lining up his golf club to the ball and shooting. Now that I think about it, I don't even know what they were doing in the sewer. I would have to ask about that when I saw them again.

Shaking the thought off, I do the same movement as Topper as we continue talking until I see Sofia and Pope with what looks like groceries.

"Hey how much for one of those beers?" I ask Pope, ignoring the glare Sofia is giving me right now. Someone needs an attitude check clearly. "They're not for sale Rafe so buy them with daddys money," Sofia says mumbling something to Pope and tries to continue walking but gets stopped by me and Topper.

"Not even just one? It's so hot out and we need a drink. Ain't that right Top?" I ask knowing I'm about to get a texture from Sof about how it doesn't help with hydration or some shit. All Topper does is say yeah. I don't know what's wrong with everyone today.

"If you really want to stay hydrated then drink water because beer won't help," and there it is. "You have so many bro just one?" Topper finally says something. Pope says some bullshit about everything being already paid for but that's never stopped me before.

Knocking the bag out of his hands with the end of my gold club, I put my hand over my mouth. "Oops," I say sarcastically and push Pope back with the club, making him fall on a rock and start bleeding.

This kid can't catch a break. First the gun shot now this. "What the hell Rafe!" Sofia yells. Turning back to Topper I tell him to give me a minute as he walks back to the country club. "I didn't mean to, I swear," I say because all that was meant to happen was a little stumble, not him barely conscious right now.

Sofia scoffs and pushes the groceries in my face. "You're delivering them now and explaining why they are late because I don't want your people to be the reason I'm out of a job," she says, helping Pope off the ground and leaving.

Tonight will definitely be awkward as fuck.

__________

THURSDAY EVENING*

"Rafe I hope you know how much you fucked up today," Sofia says angerly at Rafe in the living room while JJ just observes. "I told you I didn't mean to take it that far!" he yells.

"Well you did and now he has a gash the size of this water bottle!" Sofia says, picking up the water bottle and hitting Rafe in the same spot Pope started bleeding from. "Woah now Sof. We kinda need this douchebag as much as I hate to admit it so let's chill with the violence."

"No! You didn't see it JJ. Pope's parents won't even let him leave his room now because of him!" Sofia yells, pointing the watter bottle at Rafe who puts his hands up in surrender.

"Look, I'll go apologise or whatever the fuck I have to do alright?" Rafe says, but gets a message.

"Guys you might want to see this." Rafe says as they all hover over his phone reading the message.

BIG MAN: Stop acting like kindergartens are playing the blame game and get to work. One of you goes bye bye if this isn't done on time.
Tomorrow.
Get it done.

"Damn" JJ says, whistling and going back to his food. Placing the phone in his pocket, he leaves the house to apologise to the Heywards. "I'm getting ready," Sofia says, going upstairs to her room as JJ follows her.

"It's almost ten, where are you going this late?" he says concerned. "If Rafe coudnt do this today I will," Sofia says, going through her closet and picking out a semi revealing outfit and going to the bathroom to change.