𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Comenzar desde el principio

Lizzie then came closer to me, putting her hands on my shoulders, and smiled. She said,

"Simple, really, Amulet. Oh, my dearly simple but beautiful best friend. As you are saying it's simple, let's consider it simple, whereas it's typical."

"What does that mean?" I asked, shocked.

"Umm, nothing. Come, let's walk together," she said.

We both started walking, sharing our talks and laughing together. You know, Lizzie and I were best friends for seven years. I don't have a sister, but being with Lizzie made me feel like I really have a sister by my side. Because of Lizzie, Kate, and Indila, I felt joy in every simple and even unwanted thing. But my bond and friendship with Lizzie were more than just friends. Even though my mom scolds me, they are the only people who help me forget about the pain in my life. Since Lizzie and I were admitted to school, we chose each other as best friends, and not a single moment have we enjoyed alone. Even all the abuses I learned, I learned from her. The habit of talking too much took over me because of my friends. I know I am too suspicious of my hidden talents, you know. But when I am with them, it feels like all my worries and insecurities fade away. They accept me for who I am, quirks and all.

I went home in a really good mood as my day was filled with fun. Everything that happened today was interesting.

"Hey, my mom, how are you and how is everything going?" I asked her.

"Ah, it seems like you're happy today. Can I ask the reason, dear?"Mom asked me.

"Well, as always, Mom, I did the best presentation in my class. You know I was scared and nervous, but then I did my best even in front of the boys in my class. But I'm always scared of becoming hesitant, I don't know why," I said to her.

"Impressive! I know you always do better than before. I have faith in you that nothing wrong would happen," she replied.

"Thank you, Mom."

"Well, your dad called for you more than once. He was asking me how your new semester was going. He must be waiting for you to call him, so you should," Mom told me.

"Of course, Mom, I will," I said to her.

After that, I went to call Dad. Whenever I talk with my dad, time flies. We both have no idea. My dad is my friend, and you know when you're talking to your best friend, you don't know how time passes.

"Good evening, Dad. How are you?" I asked.

"Good evening, Amulet. Long time no hear. It's been good to hear my daughter's voice. I am fine. How is my little princess doing?" Dad asked.

"I am as I was, Dad, always fine, no worries, just nothing."

"Sounds all fine then. How's your new semester going? Better than before or worse than ever?" Dad asked.

"Well, when it started, it was worse than ever, but now it's going good."

"Why was it worse at first?"

"You know how it's like when we have both genders in our class."

"Oh, is there a mixed class?"

"Yes, the whole class seems like a circus because of the crowd, but now I'm used to it. But I become hesitant because of them. Whenever I start to speak academically, they make fun, which makes me furious," I told him.

"Hesitant and Amulet are a mismatch, you know Amulet. You are gifted by your abilities. Not everyone is perfect, but they are all unique. You don't have to be shy at all, and you don't have to take anything seriously. I know it's your first time, but you can do everything, and I have faith in you. And don't let any situation take over you. If you don't know how to let go, then make it fun. After that, you won't even want to let go," Dad explained to me.