𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

I lay in bed, contemplating what it would be like to study in a class where I could freely express myself without fear of judgment. I worried about what the teachers might think if we spoke our minds in front of the other boys. But I decided it wouldn't be so difficult. As I drifted off to sleep...

"Wake up! It's 7 a.m. Are you listening to me or not?"

"Yes, Mom, I'm coming in just five more minutes."

"Either sleep or go to school. Understand that I'm not going to wake you up again. I have work to do."

After shaking off my thoughts and drowsiness, I got ready and began my journey to the center of the earth, I mean, my school. My enthusiasm always set me apart from other students who viewed school as a waste of time and money. I always sought out interesting things wherever I went. Yes, I was a bit of a nerd, but who cared as long as I got good grades? As I entered the classroom with a mind that everything would be as perfect as me, I overheard a commotion:

"Hey, you pricky dog, pass this on!"

"Haha! You'll never get me!"

I wondered if I had ended up in the wrong place. However, I saw Lizzie standing next to me and approached her.

"Hey, what's going on? Is this our class or a fun festival or a sports ground?"

"I know, it's quite chaotic, but we have to handle it," Lizzie replied.

Just then, a flying book hit me on the head, and I became furious. Who wouldn't be?

"Who? Who threw this?"

"Oh look, a girl is speaking to us. Answer her," a boy I didn't know responded.

"Yes, I did, but it was just a mistake," he said.

"This time I'll forgive you, but if you want to live another day, don't do it again," I warned.

I don't know why, but after I said that, the whole class fell silent, and people looked at me as if I wasn't human. Well, forget it. I took my seat, and the teacher entered the classroom.

"Good morning, students. As you know, this semester you will be studying together. We will determine who's the best," Miss Parkley informed us sweetly, shattering my dreams of a perfect semester.

"What the hell? No, no, no!" I exclaimed silently.

So now it was out of my hands. I had to adapt and remain calm. Despite the introverted nature of the other girls, I had the confidence to handle any type of person. I couldn't let myself down, maybe because my friends and I were straightforward, or perhaps I was simply ruthless. There were boys in my class whom I had never met, some looking disgusting and others acting disgustingly, but who cared?

"Everyone, open your literature books and read Chapter 3," Miss Parkley instructed, and as we began reading, she started the discussion.

"So, what do you understand from the theme? Why does the character set out and punish himself? Any answers?"

A boy raised his hand, his expressions revealing his knowledge.

"The character sets in a village where no one ever listens to his opinion, and he punishes himself because he feels alone," he stated.

"Alright, Shawn. We'll delve into that. Anyone else?" Miss Parkley asked.

I raised my hand, eager to contribute.

"He's half right, Miss Parkley, but the reason Sandam punishes himself is not just because he feels alone. It's because no one ever listens to him, even when he was right at court. That's why he punishes himself and ends up dying," I explained.